We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Piccolo Capri picture

Deepest Surrey
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Piccolo Capri picture

Taken on a fast R&R visit from Tarhuna with the 1.DERR from Malta.About 1963-4

//tinyurl.com/oc8dx6r

Robin Maddison. Put h t t p In front of address

Edited: 15 November 2014, 02:30
16 replies to this topic
Barton on Sea, New...
2 posts
1 review
1. Re: Piccolo Capri picture

Your picture brings back many happy memories. I was there in 1963-4 aged 6/7 yrs. I was probably on the beach that day as we spent every day on the beach - school finished about 1pm and the buses took us to the beach where our mothers all were. My father was a SSI APTC attached to the Green Howards. I remember he would lead PT sessions on the roof of the changing rooms that you can see in the picture. Ah yes...chasing sand crabs and digging after them. Never did catch any. Thank you for the memories.

Deepest Surrey
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Piccolo Capri picture

Thanks for that, We met up with the Green Howards at Tobruk and did a night exercise with them around that time too!

Swindon
2 posts
1 review
3. Re: Piccolo Capri picture

Sadly I can't see the picture but I was also in Tripoli from 61 to 64. Dad was in the RAF. I remember Piccolo so well and the daily visits after school. I also remember riding on Garys and pomegranate trees in the garden. Wonderful memories. I was the same age Sue, chances are we were on that bus together.

Edited: 16 October 2015, 10:52
Swindon
2 posts
1 review
4. Re: Piccolo Capri picture

Sadly I can't see the picture but I was also in Tripoli from 61 to 64. Dad was in the RAF. I remember Piccolo so well and the daily visits after school. I also remember riding on Garys and pomegranate trees in the garden. Wonderful memories. I was the same age Sue, chances are we were on that bus together.

Edited: 16 October 2015, 10:52
Athens, Greece
2 posts
5. Re: Piccolo Capri picture

I was also there 1963. Do you remember the chips and bottles of coke on the beach. Another life. Another world. Will send picture when I find. Carole

Athens, Greece
2 posts
6. Re: Piccolo Capri picture

I was in tripoli in 1963. Lived next to pic cola Capri beach. Had a friend called Sheila will send foto anyone remember chips and bottles of coke on the beach. Carole. And the black beetles and chameleons

Barton on Sea, New...
2 posts
1 review
7. Re: Piccolo Capri picture

Anybody know Stephen Bell? He was my best friend in Tripoli but we never kept in touch and I never saw him again after we left. Aged about 6/7 in 1963/64.

Deepest Surrey
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
8. Re: Piccolo Capri picture

Here is the picture! https://flic.kr/p/okUtZT

Norwich, United...
4 posts
9. Re: Piccolo Capri picture

I was also in Tripoli 1960-66 father in rasc worked at prinn

My sister and I went to school at the British army children's school

Most afternoons at picalo Capri in the summer. I would go to the cinimar on the camp. Friends mal Hartley and lez his brother also billy Bradford Teresa hendry etc etc alan Sparkes

I remember the shop at entrance to prinn sold bread

Norwich, United...
4 posts
10. Re: Piccolo Capri picture

Hi alan

Reply to: Piccolo Capri picture
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tripoli
Recent Conversations