We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve/Day (2011/12) Fire at Kombo Beach Hotel

London, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
New Years Eve/Day (2011/12) Fire at Kombo Beach Hotel

I have had text messages about a serious fire at Kombo Beach Hotel on New Years Eve or the early hours of New Years Day.

Please can someone update me on what happened.

Thank you

banjul
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
1. Re: New Years Eve/Day (2011/12) Fire at Kombo Beach Hotel

yes there was a fire last night but so far no update as to the severity. It was the beach bar area and I watched it from the beach. If you are due to travel here I would contact your tour op for an update.

On a good note all guests were evacuated safetly :) very sad though

2. Re: New Years Eve/Day (2011/12) Fire at Kombo Beach Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 November 2018, 02:51
staffordshire
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: New Years Eve/Day (2011/12) Fire at Kombo Beach Hotel

gosh laura - how awful for you. Hope your little girl wasnt too upset. Glad to hear the rooms werent affected. Big cheers to the brave staff!!!

4. Re: New Years Eve/Day (2011/12) Fire at Kombo Beach Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 November 2018, 02:51
staffordshire
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: New Years Eve/Day (2011/12) Fire at Kombo Beach Hotel

sound like it could have been very different if it wasnt for the staffs bravery and quick-thinking. I hope they get rewarded in some small way! Glad you are all ok xx

Isle of Sheppey
Level Contributor
815 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: New Years Eve/Day (2011/12) Fire at Kombo Beach Hotel

My favourite hotel, so glad everyone is safe, my heart goes out to the brave staff. It dosn't surprise me they tried their best to put the fire out, they all love working there.

Skelton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
7. Re: New Years Eve/Day (2011/12) Fire at Kombo Beach Hotel

;o( also our fav hotel,how brave of all and i am pleased no one is seriously hurt..

Isle of Sheppey
Level Contributor
815 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: New Years Eve/Day (2011/12) Fire at Kombo Beach Hotel

Welcome to the forum debsnrom, glad it is your favourite hotel too.

I am sure it will be even better on our next trip in March x

Isle of Sheppey
Level Contributor
815 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: New Years Eve/Day (2011/12) Fire at Kombo Beach Hotel

Laura, many thanks for your input,hope you and yours are ok. Are you staying there? any updates would be appreciated.

regards, sandy x

Tanji, Gambia
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: New Years Eve/Day (2011/12) Fire at Kombo Beach Hotel

Very sad but pleased to hear everyone is ok. Laura, you really are having the full Gambia experience aren't you!! happy New Year x