We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whats going on

croydon
Level Contributor
616 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
whats going on

just checked thomas cook website today for holidays in december to gambia which were showing no holidays available last month when our friends wanted to book(they have since booked elsewhere).we have already booked for xmas for a good price.now thomas cook are showing loads of holidays on the date we are going but at twice the price for same hotel/flights etc.our friends are well disappointed as they would have paid higher price to come with us.i have never seen this happen before. have they got a bigger plane and built more rooms in the hotel.

Edited: 18 July 2010, 17:57
Southampton
Level Contributor
659 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: whats going on

Our FO has increased by over £400 since booking in April - and that's from the same agent on the same airline.

Our friends are finding great difficulty in finding rooms at Holiday Beach Club for more than 14 nights in December through to January. I note only 3 TC flights available in Dec. but 8 flights other months for places at this hotel??????

What's going on Indeed!!

J

Mentioned in this post
Holiday Beach Club Hotel
Holiday Beach Club Hotel
606 Reviews
Kololi, Gambia
Southampton
Level Contributor
659 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: whats going on

Double post but don't know why

J

Edited: 18 July 2010, 18:14
croydon
Level Contributor
616 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: whats going on

today t/c have available rooms a hbc that is where we are staying for 14 days from 17/12.

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,556 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: whats going on

Try directholidays they are part of TC but are cheaper, discount is bigger, TC wont price match with them I asked when I booked ours for xmas, odd, but there you go,

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: whats going on

we booked FO thro' travel republic (last March) on a TC fight & saved money. Now £120 dearer for same dates,worth shopping around.

Southampton
Level Contributor
659 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: whats going on

No availability for 21 or 28 nights, including Christmas, at HBC anywhere I search. Our friends have tried numerous travel agents too.

Monarch list just about everywhere except HBC - (I think that only TC go there).

I've suggested to the people that they book 2 weeks, change the return flight to later in the resort and pay Mr. Gaye for the extra accom.

J

Edited: 18 July 2010, 19:50
croydon
Level Contributor
616 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: whats going on

what i was asking is how can thomas cook have no available holidays departing 17/12 for the last month but today they have.also holiday beach club had no availability for those dates but today t/c say they have ?.i just hope there not selling my holiday lol.

NORLAND, UK
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: whats going on

Just a note of caution on booking extra nights at HBC direct at the hotel, we booked for my parents direct with the hotel last new year and they are very expensive (and not willing to negotiate due to the busy time of year), for one of the bigger rooms my parents paid around £55 a night PLUS fan PLUS safe. Much cheaper to do it as a package. Also if you want to change your flights in resort you are relying on the later flights having availability. You could be ok, but you might end up not knowing when you will get flights....

Southampton
Level Contributor
659 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: whats going on

Thanks for the info. Amanda - I have a photo of the HBC charges board at reception from last year - 900D per night for standard room and 900D extra for the larger room upgrade. So that agrees with your figures.

I couldn't get 3wks HBC last year or 2 years earlier - so went somewhere else. Our friends, however, are inflexible on the hotel.

To ladyjoyce2 - we agree things have changed with TC since we started looking in April.

J

Edited: 18 July 2010, 20:10
Southampton
Level Contributor
659 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: whats going on

Direct is listing HBC 21 nts only on 3rd Dec. and 31st Dec., Gatwick (too early and too late), and No Dates in Dec. Bimingham - these are our two friendly couples' preferred airports.

Maybe they should both wait until October like they normally do and not try to match our dates - we are booked FO.

J

Edited: 18 July 2010, 20:34