We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight options in June

Torfaen
Destination Expert
for Gambia
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Flight options in June

I'm hoping for a week in June - flight only. Seems like my only choice in UK is GE - is this correct?

Has anyone tried other routes (e.g. via Spain or Brussels?) Do they work out any cheaper?

What about Dakar?

Any advice appreciated - thanks

Haydn

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Dakar
Dakar
Dakar Region, Senegal
isle of man
Level Contributor
360 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight options in June

try www.royalairmaroc.com they have flights from London for £478.50 return

Mo

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
NORLAND, UK
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight options in June

we've flown from both Spain and Holland in the summer. Both used to be a really cheap option (all year round) but over the years they have crept up and are now on a par with the UK prices, HOWEVER, the service you get is FAR superior. We are seriously thinking of going back to them although it adds time onto your journey. For us it's no different to flying from Gatwick and after staying at an airport hotel both going and coming back this time we'd much prefer to stay at Schipol airport - different league but that's another story!

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
perth scotland
Level Contributor
276 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight options in June

which airline leaves from holland? a couple of days in amsterdam before flying to the gambia sounds good.

regards

duffboy

Ilminster, United...
Level Contributor
5,814 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight options in June

Hi

duffboy

Arkefly (TUI Group) rgds

NORLAND, UK
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight options in June

Irish, transavia also fly to Gambia - used them once but couldn't do flight only with them again. I have my dad on the case - he's Dutch!! Will let you know if I find anything out.

Mentioned in this post
Gambia
Gambia
Africa
Ilminster, United...
Level Contributor
5,814 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight options in June

Amanda Glad to see you back Are you sure about Transavia ? I went on their website and couldnt find Banjul ! rgds

Mentioned in this post
Banjul
Banjul
Banjul Division, Gambia
NORLAND, UK
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight options in June

No that's why we are having problems finding a price but I know that at least one of the 'tour operators' (can't remember their name at the mo and on wrong computer to find it on my favourites) use them so if they fly there maybe they will sell flight only. Like I said I've got my dad on the case so will let you know what I find out.

8. Re: Flight options in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2010, 11:46
Get answers to your questions about Gambia