We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights in October half term

Birmingham
Level Contributor
295 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Flights in October half term

When oh when are the flight companies going to pick up on the fact that no one flies on a saturday or a sunday during October half term which means families and teachers can't go out there (unless they pull their kids out of school). They could make a killing!

The first year we went, we flew out on a Saturday with GE but apparently that was a one off. When we did go, the weather was fab and the place was just really getting going for the season.

If they want to make Gambia a tourist destination then she should open the season a week earlier.

Mentioned in this post
Gambia
Gambia
Africa
Newcastle
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights in October half term

Sorry Lizzie you're incorrect. "nobody flies out on Sat or Sun during half term". We do and we did this year! Flew out on Sat from Manchester with TC for one week and it fitted in perfectly with our son's school break. There were stacks of kids on the flight too!

And they did make a killing, charging nearly £600 each for one weeks B&B!

Edited: 16 March 2010, 22:51
NORLAND, UK
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights in October half term

Yes Bill but TC don't fly in October and GE flights are, I believe, Tuesdays and Fridays.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
295 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights in October half term

I was about to go mad with TC then! but you must have flown out in February half term not October half term. If it was October then I am very impressed and will email TC straight away.

NORLAND, UK
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights in October half term

No it wouldn't have been TC they start right at the beginning of November. It's very frustrating for us 'up north' that we have to travel to Gatwick for any flights between the end of April and beginning of November - come on travel agents - 80% (or more, just a wild guess) of the country is NORTH of Gatwick. What about the rest of us??!! Don't get me started!!!

5. Re: Flights in October half term

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2010, 11:45
Get answers to your questions about Gambia