We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

simple question

belgium
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Topic
simple question

Hello

When it's getting dark in the evening in the month march?

Thanks!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,481 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: simple question

From memory around 7pm.

Just one thing to note Martinee, it was very cold on an evening when we there last march. The thin wrap I had taken was too thin and I used a thick wool wrap I had travelled in. Grandpa who is not normally cold had his jacket buttoned right up!! I dont know if this is usual but best to be prepared. Those without a jacket looked very cold some evenings.

belgium
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: simple question

Thanks for mentioning this. I really thougt it was still very warm in the evenings and hot during the day. About what time is it getting colder, or is it late in the evening?

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,481 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: simple question

It seemed to be the wind that made it cooler, again I am not sure if the wind was unusual but I certainly have never experienced wind in May and December there. If sitting inside a restaraunt a wrap was not needed but we always prefer to sit outside if on the strip so can watch the world go by.

Once the sun disappears if there is a bresze the temp drops rapidly. It was also cooler on a morning until 10am. After that and until dark it was lovely and hot :D In december I used a thin wrap occaisionally on an evening.

Heledd or fajaragirl who live there will be able to advise if the wind usual for March.

Brufut, Gambia
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: simple question

Last year was very cold, Grannysticks. I remember complaining about it. So far, the past couple of weeks have been very hot in the day, and very warm at night.

staffordshire
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: simple question

I agree. We always go in March and last year was colder than usual in the evenings. It was really windy which I think was the problem. going prepared this year - just in case!!

Newcastle
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: simple question

last March it wasn't just chilly at nights, it was ******* freezing! The strip was deserted after 1030pm and a few nights I went to bed to warm up!

And of course we were all walking around with shorts on, cold knees and backsides! We never expected that!

Most years the nights were balmy and the temperature seemed to hold steady.

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: simple question

We were also there last Feb/March and definetly needed trousers and a warm top in the evenings and long sleeves until about 10am in the mornings!!

The rest of the day was lovely and hot.

need FJ or heledd to tell us if we can expect the same this year.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: simple question

Sorry maybe it was my age ( sweats!) but I only remember 1 evening when I felt 'chilled' so much that I borrowed Gambian friends jacket (much to the amusement of his friends). I did feel coldish upto 10am in the mornings but then our room didn't have sun on it. Yes we went beginning of March. ;)

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,481 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: simple question

Oh dear I think we have just ruined Martinees dream of warm balmy african evenings.!

Seriously Martinee hopefully it will be warmer this year but just make sure you have something warm with you just in case, it would be shame to ruin your holiday because of being cold on an evening.

10. Re: simple question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2010, 11:48
Get answers to your questions about Gambia