We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Deals

Horncastle, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Good Deals

Have just had a look at Icelolly, and any one who is looking for a bargain, they have plenty to offer even over christmas at all the hotels, so where are the tourists???

ipswich
Level Contributor
798 posts
1. Re: Good Deals

Yeh some good deals about, going to book mine at the weekend as some cheap flights with TC. My friend got a fab deal over christmas with Olypmic.

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,566 posts
49 reviews
2. Re: Good Deals

yes ive noticed a drop in xmas prices with TC

scotland
Level Contributor
5,846 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Good Deals

Where are the tourists well a lot are being careful,over the past couple of years The Gambia has become more expensive much more ,exchange rate last year was pathetic at an average of 37/38 to the pound as opposed to 53/55 the previous year.The dalasi has become strong I was told by a banker .this in a 3rd world country being supported and closely monitered by the I.M.F. Their tourism is being badly hit ,flights are well down,and Goa is up to 75% cheaper,If no change for the better this year I for one am giving Goa a visit a long one

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Good Deals

at least its held steady on dal43.5 for a few wks hoping it stays at that for the next 5 wks. The big thing in gambias favour is only 6 hours flying time.

scotland
Level Contributor
5,846 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Good Deals

I Heartily agree Mcb,I am hoping it holds steady all year,I did notice on my 2 long visits last year their was very little on the radio regarding tourism as opposed to previous years when subject was always discussed.I know they want to push a free market economy with manufacturing at forefront ,but how can one with a closed currency.

I found interbank rate a few years ago dollar to dalasi it was 70 + dalasi to the dollar interbank ,one can only hope

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
141 posts
6. Re: Good Deals

I've been looking on the Ice Lolly website and finally rang one of the operators.

Is that the final price, I asked, NO....£50pp for luggage, plus £40pp for transfers....so there is now £180 on top of the advertised price....not cheap in my eyes.

We are going tomorrow to a Thomas Cook office and the girl there has done a price match on the TH.com website price, luggage included, no transfers, we can take a taxi for less.

scotland
Level Contributor
5,846 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Good Deals

40 Quid each for transfers ice lolly is now an official gambian taxi bumster in my humble opinion; seriously though these site that offer to build your holiday are they worth it many times you are cheaper doing it yourself

8. Re: Good Deals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2010, 09:56
Get answers to your questions about Gambia