We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lightweight xmas pressies

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,481 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lightweight xmas pressies

Going to be TG for xmas. So I need some suggestions (I know I will regret this) for lightweight xmas pressies.

52 yr old male : has everything already

72 yr old female : has everything already

16 yr old female : has nothing because her mother is tight and evil apparently

Banging me head against a wall trying to think of gifts.

Also in light of some thefts from suitcases earlier in year would it be wise to pack wrapped gifts in suitcases?

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
264 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lightweight xmas pressies

72 year old female...what about a lovely floaty scarf - type - shawl, like a pashmina type thing

NORLAND, UK
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lightweight xmas pressies

sorry no ideas, not done xmas pressies for 10 years now, that's the joy of going away - it becomes a 'family day' rather than a commercial event. We have always 'done' something special for xmas day as a family instead, camel ride on the beach, jet skiiing, trip up river, deserted island (bijol bird reserve) the list goes on.....

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
264 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lightweight xmas pressies

Hey Kerrofsabal...we don't do pressies either; most people think we're weird!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,481 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Lightweight xmas pressies

If it was up to me, Ma and Grandpa we wouldn't bother but Tilly still excited over the whole xmas concept and is not happy she is going to miss the whole ritual this year.

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
264 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lightweight xmas pressies

I thought I'd had a great idea! the bumps for everyone, but then realised thats for birthdays

Horncastle, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lightweight xmas pressies

Grannystick,

you could always buy your pessies in duty free, no worries about weight, just a thought!!

rgds

NORLAND, UK
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lightweight xmas pressies

for the first 3 or 4 years we went for xmas we actually had to remind our kids on xmas eve that it was xmas day the following day, and for the first one or 2 (MAX) they had presents to return to. That soon stopped when we saw how much they enjoyed their 'special' xmas day and weren't over bothered by the presents when we came home. They do get presents, just not at xmas, they have had a trampoline (huge one to share) and this year the youngest has already has his joint birthday/xmas pressie - a bmx. They both understand and if we weren't there they would have stuff, eldest didn't come last year and it was weird buying pressies for him. He said it was was weird opening them too! Pooh, you wouldn't believe some of the comments I've had but I think we are getting back more to what xmas is about - spending TIME together. We do what we want and don't have to please everyone else - ok call me selfish but I felt guilty about leaving my parents on their own for about 5 years until my mum finally confessed that they love being on their own on xmas day, getting up when they want, leisurely dog walk and hot beef butties for tea is now their xmas day. We were both doing what was expected and not necessarily what we wanted and now we all do what we want on xmas day and then they fly out between xmas and new year to spend new year with us.

Fajara, Gambia
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lightweight xmas pressies

You could buy them all in The Golden Touch we have lovely presents for all ages. Saves u carrying them all!!!

regards

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,481 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Lightweight xmas pressies

Lol FJ, excellent idea but Tilly is a cross between Bet Lynch and Gollum, it would be dangerous taking her into your shop with all your shiny precious things.

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
264 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lightweight xmas pressies

am I seeing things...Blackashines avatar just changed then changed back

Get answers to your questions about Gambia