We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights

Carmarthenshire
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
Flights

Had a quick look for flights, cheapest I came up with was about £295 for a two week return, also looked at some packages and £299 came up for two weeks at Badala park, stayed there in November and had a bit of aggro but I'd certainly try it again and use it as a base to fall back on if needed.

Mentioned in this post
Badala Park
Badala Park
397 Reviews
Kotu, Gambia
Brufut, Gambia
Level Contributor
2,938 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights

That is good. I have to return to UK soon and the cheapest way I can do it is to buy a single to Gatwick at 12,000 dalasis (about £333) and then a single back with thomas cook at £89. Over £400 if you are going the other way! makes no sense.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
509 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights

Yes it's a nightmare for ex-pats coming to visit UK. So expensive. I'm finally getting a bargain flight, £80 with Thomas Cook, when I return to live in Gambia. Six weeks to go. Can't wait.

Mentioned in this post
Gambia
Gambia
Africa
Ramsgate
Level Contributor
468 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights

Changing the topic slightly. Ive been looking at the GE site looking at holidays it looks like they are only flying once a week Tuesday. Before now I thought GE was available Tuesday and Friday.

Ilminster, United...
Level Contributor
5,814 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights

RamsgateKaren

Doesnt make sense they are still offerinf 7 11 and 14 day holidays so this must involve Tuesday/Fridy flights rgds

Ramsgate
Level Contributor
468 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights

Thanks Adrian I've just realised my mistake I put Glasgow in the departure box not Gatwick. Duh.

Llanboidy
Level Contributor
438 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights

We have fond it alot cheaper to book a package instead of just the flight only ?? unless i missed a BARGAIN

Apparently TC are flying from Birmingham from this Season( I was told this at a travel show, by BHX staff, that it had been confirmed in the last few days, so final arrangements had to be sorted)

Ilminster, United...
Level Contributor
5,814 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights

Alan

I was looking on the www.holidayholidayholiday.co.uk website earlier at November holidays in Gambia and there are loads of Birmingham departures already being sold rgds

Mentioned in this post
Gambia
Gambia
Africa
Llanboidy
Level Contributor
438 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights

Thanks

perhaps I was a bit slow there.

Alan (i think they meant all year ??)

9. Re: Flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 14:47
Get answers to your questions about Gambia