We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parcels

england
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
parcels

Hi would anyone know the best possible and preferably cheapest way to send 2 parcels clothing and shoes to the gambia? thanx

Llanboidy
Level Contributor
438 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: parcels

Hello

Just sent a small packet (photos and mobile phone) via Royal Mail £7- £8 took 3 weeks...Alan

Llanboidy
Level Contributor
438 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: parcels

DHL have a parcel office in Banjul.

The Royal Mail website has alot of information..

england
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: parcels

thank you, its just i have 2 boxes of clothes to send, and i looked up on the internet and it was costing between £150 - £295.

Newbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
50 reviews
4. Re: parcels

I posted a pair of football boots and a pair of trainers yesterday and it cost me £20. It is usually best to send international signed for as things go missing. This does hike the price up, but at least you have peace of mind. I have 3 full football kits to send out, but like you I looked it up on the internet and it looks as if they are going to cost me over £100 and that was going by sea and would take about 6 weeks. If you do find a cheaper way to send your clothes, I would be very interested to hear about it.

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,570 posts
51 reviews
5. Re: parcels

we just take any gifts when we go, that way you know for sure they are getting them, and we find that this way we have a great holiday and we see the reaction,

Newbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
50 reviews
6. Re: parcels

Hi Sunny. I've already realised that I may as well wait until I go again as the price to send them is nearly as much as a plane ticket! I just didn't really want 33 football kits hanging around the house until then, but what better excuse to get back there soon!

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
316 posts
20 reviews
7. Re: parcels

Hiya, We tried to do the same too. We opted to wait until our next trip. Instead we sent a letter with some photos and some cash.

england
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: parcels

last time i went we packd our cases and it cost nearly 200 pound extra baggage, I think the best is to see if can find some one who is taking a container out there, does not seeem to be any cheaper way, but i will certainly let you know if ifind aything out.

Newbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
50 reviews
9. Re: parcels

I don't remember where I heard ths, so don't quote me, but I think that if you are taking stuff out for a charity and you have a letter from that charity confirming that, you can take it for free under excess baggage. Not sure if schools are included under 'charity' or not, but I would have thought they were. If the stuff is for individuals you will probably have to foot the bill yourself. Another idea is to approach a large company near you to sponsor it, or if you work for a large company with a corporate social responsibility or charity department, they may help you.

10. Re: parcels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 11:48