We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Get from Gambia to Casamance

Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Get from Gambia to Casamance

Hi, I'll be staying in a few places in Gambia and in a few in the Casamance region in Selegal. Is Serekunda the only place you can grab a bush taxi to the borders with Senegal? Would I be able to easily find a sept-place taxi from there go to either Kafountine or Oussouye?

I would also be interested to know if you can find some Senegalese ATMs on the way or at the borders

3 replies to this topic
Gambia
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Get from Gambia to Casamance

You are coming to a third world country - don't expect to see an ATM on every tree you pass.

Go to Kartung on the southern border cross the river - Cassamance.

You can get taxis just about anywhere

Look on Google maps - gives you an idea of road structure

Edited: 19 November 2018, 13:23
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
2. Re: Get from Gambia to Casamance

I've read though that the Senegalese office is missing from the Kartung boarder so I won't be able to get stamped in. Thinking of crossing at Seleti instead (I'll be coming from Sanyang), do you think that's doable with a shared taxi?

Staxton, United...
Level Contributor
437 posts
34 reviews
3. Re: Get from Gambia to Casamance

Crossing at Seleti is fairly straightforward by African standards, worth stopping off at Abene on the way to Kafountine. Yes easy with a shared taxi but make sure the driver has all his papers and is kosher....can recommend a driver if you need one.

Edited: 24 November 2018, 05:42
Reply to: Get from Gambia to Casamance
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gambia