We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fathala Overnight Tour

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
6 helpful votes
Fathala Overnight Tour

Hi,

We are coming to The Gambia in March next year and currently looking at tours. Very interested in doing the trip over the border to Senegal to visit Fathala reserve. I have heard that it is quite a lot to do in a day so looking at overnight options.

Have found one tour company - Gambia Tours - who seem to offer this. Does anyone have any experience of using them? Is it worth doing the overnight tour or just the day? Any ideas of price to do this tour?

Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Kololi, Gambia
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
20 reviews
17 helpful votes
1. Re: Fathala Overnight Tour

I have done it with Arch Tours, they pick up around 6.30am and you are back around 6.30pm, depending on ferries, it’s a long day but I personally wouldn’t stay overnight, it’s more Longleat that Kenyan Safari.

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
56 reviews
33 helpful votes
2. Re: Fathala Overnight Tour

Check out this thread for trip info and Fathala video

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297…

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
132 posts
3. Re: Fathala Overnight Tour

We have done it with Arch-tours as well. As others have said, it is a long day but I wouldn’t stay overnight. I have been on safaris in Zimbabwe and SA so for me a day in Fathala was enough. However, my kids would have loved to stay more, drive around the reserve a bit more and spot some more animals. So if you want to take it easy and chilled (and maybe get a better feeling of the Senegalese way of life or practice your French :-) ), you may consider an overnight stay. Otherwise, it can be done in a day-trip perfectly.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
46 reviews
27 helpful votes
4. Re: Fathala Overnight Tour

I'm going to Gambia December. I've booked and paid for a day trip to Fathala reserve for safari and lion walk with Black and White Tours as they're highly recommended on here. I'm sure a day trip will be enough time.

Edited: 15 November 2018, 04:27
Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
6 helpful votes
5. Re: Fathala Overnight Tour

Thanks all, will check out Arch Tours and Black & White Tours.

Reply to: Fathala Overnight Tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gambia