We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ngala Lodge.....

north wales
Level Contributor
285 posts
17 reviews
Ngala Lodge.....

Hi

Has anyone stayed at this hotel, im thinking of going on March, and i read there are steep steps, but interested to know how steep and approx how many as i have arthritis and anything steep is a struggle, i obviously can do it , just takes a bit of time, also what is the beach like, and do they have sunbeds on the beach as thats where we like to spend the day

Tahnks

7 replies to this topic
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
427 posts
123 reviews
1. Re: Ngala Lodge.....

Pretty steep steps and more a raised platform for sunbathing

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
56 reviews
2. Re: Ngala Lodge.....

These vids will give you an idea... looks like the biggest issue will be the sets of steps down to beach level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeeQ3XScCbw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtNe7zES03c

London, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
45 reviews
3. Re: Ngala Lodge.....

We are huge fans of Ngala and would not hesitate to recommend it, but sadly not on this occasion;

Lots of steps and slopes in the grounds, stairs to over half the suites, but the biggest bug-bear for you will be the beach . . .

Fajara is largely based on a cliff-top, with what there is of the beaches below being very rocky, with little or no access at high tide.

Ngala have constructed a wonderful deck over the beach, but only access able through steep stairs from the cliff top.

I would recommend Cape Point for level access and a half decent beach.

Whatever you chose, good luck, and enjoy !

Edited: 19 September 2018, 21:51
4 posts
4. Re: Ngala Lodge.....

Ocean Bay Hotel at Cape Point is not in the same special league for comfort, dining, service, and privacy as Ngala but importantly its grounds are entirely level with good pathways and a direct exit to a maintained level beach. Nor are the gardens so extensive for reaching the pool or the beach as say the Kairaba or Senegambia Hotels elsewhere.

And indeed is part of a small village and not detached from one as Ngala is so that you could easily walk out a bit and most definitely round to the almost adjoining Calypso beach restaurant that is likely to be your style if Ngala ambiance appealed!

Ocean Bay has a particularly good pool, with steps in and a handrail. That's important. Ocean Bay is quite deluxe as Gambian properties go, with some upmarket pretensions, and certainly pleasant for a holiday, Ask for ground-floor rooms.

Greater London...
Level Contributor
1,319 posts
29 reviews
5. Re: Ngala Lodge.....

We stayed there for 2 weeks in May 2017 and completely agree with post #3 (JohnandKathyP), so there is no point in elaborating.

Banjul, Gambia
Level Contributor
130 posts
6. Re: Ngala Lodge.....

Ocean bay at Cape point will be better for you .

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Ngala Lodge.....

I did a video of Ngala, have a look and see for yourself https://youtu.be/sFGc3ythWKc

Reply to: Ngala Lodge.....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gambia