We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weddings in The Gambia

68ROXY
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
weddings in The Gambia

Hi All,

I have been reading lots of the messages on this topic which have answered most of my questions except two.

1. Do both of us have to go to the office when returning the initial first form and documents as my partner is Gambian so im hoping that he can take all of them alone and get the ball rolling.

I wanted to get married 7 days after i arrive and according to some of the posts I don't think that's possible if we both have to go with the initial forms.

2. Can anyone confirm the price for 2018 please.

Does anyone know the answers please

Thanks

Andrea

11 replies to this topic
Eton, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,123 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weddings in The Gambia

Andrea, your partner can go alone I'm thinking, unless there is money involved in which case he will be needing your help at all times, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer. Sorry - not nice of me but be really sure … In which case I wish much happiness.

Edited: 11 June 2018, 19:06
Sukuta, Gambia
Level Contributor
1,762 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weddings in The Gambia

Cost me £2,000 6 years ago,regretted it since,hope you are rich,you won't be for long.

Edited: 12 June 2018, 01:17
Eton, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,123 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weddings in The Gambia

I'm tempted to add that the price for 2018 will be moderate and acceptable. For 2019 20 21 and so on its difficult to say. Depends on how much you have left. But to be deadly serious, don't sell your UK home.

wales
Level Contributor
214 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weddings in The Gambia

PM’d you Andrea x

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
330 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: weddings in The Gambia

Lol.dont do it

Edited: 14 June 2018, 02:07
Kololi, Gambia
Level Contributor
1,447 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weddings in The Gambia

Don’t.....lol 😀

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weddings in The Gambia

Im making assumptions here so feel free to correct me if im wrong but why would you rush in to marrying someone you met on holiday? Most couples spend years getting to know each other and even living together before even considering marriage. If you meet someone abroad and they are pushing for a quick marriage its safe to assume they may have an ulteria motive. Be careful, it could end up disastrous!

Greater London...
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weddings in The Gambia

Each to her own!

9. Re: weddings in The Gambia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 June 2018, 06:03

Birmingham UK
Level Contributor
839 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weddings in The Gambia

Just to add a bit of balance based on my own experience.

I met the man who became my husband on holiday in the Gambia in 2003. A relationship developed over the next 3 years and we married in 2006. He came to the UK six weeks after we married. 12 years on we are still happily together. Relationships are what you make of them but there are cultural, religious factors and other peoples prejudices to cope with. Good Luck.

Mentioned in this post
Gambia
Gambia
Africa
Reply to: weddings in The Gambia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gambia