We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haircut

7 posts
Save Topic
Haircut

Hi. Can anyone recommend a barber/barbers to get a haircut at a reasonable price..

Thanks

11 replies to this topic
Torfaen
Destination Expert
for Gambia
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Haircut

Yes there is an Indian Barber in Fajara justa few shops down from Timbuktoo book shop. He is perfectly adequate, and cost last time was around 160 dalasi I think.

My advice is keep away from the local places - I made that mistake once. remember that local girls wear wigs and local boys are either shaved bald or rastas. Their experience in actually cutting hair with a scissors can be basic at best.

Rgds

7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Haircut

thank you Haydon s for the information and advice. I will try an visit that Indian Barber. If there any other recommendations from anyone else please do let me know

many thanks

billericay
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Haircut

Malang at Senegambia Hotel is really good but I don't know how much it is for gent's hair.

Michelle.

Greater London...
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Haircut

It depends on which hotel/accommodation you are staying. I see no point in recommending you travel miles for a haircut.

There is a hairdresser in the Luigis complex at the bottom of Palma Rima Road in Kotu. We stayed in an apartment in the complex and my wife had her haircut there , but does not know how much it would cost for a gentleman's haircut.

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Haircut

Hi, The China man the top of Old Cape point road does a good job

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Haircut

Hi, The China man the top of Old Cape Point road

Edited: 08 June 2018, 13:52
Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Haircut

No point going too far as they do not charge a lot anyway if not at a hotel franchise. The Luigi man did mine last time just a trim up job and tidy, lot of the blonde ladies seem to get there. At The Village there is/was a London barber shop, first floor level and some one cuts at Senegambia Craft Market, tourist seasons.

Sukuta, Gambia
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Haircut

Unless you live there get a Number1 before you leave blighty,does me for 3 months.

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Haircut

Obviously a long time since you were there Haydn - now D250

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Haircut

Or....keep it long and wash it in fresh Gambia water every day. Wash and Trim costs me D100 a month, but I usually just send someone out for ice cream from Maroun that gets eaten in about the same time. I suppose you need it long in the first to keep that way.

Reply to: Haircut
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gambia