We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any recommendations for tour operators?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Any recommendations for tour operators?

Hi,

We will be visiting Ethiopia in December and are looking for trustworthy and reliable tour operators for a historical circuit tour. So far, the ones I have come across on the internet have been a mixture of extremely overpriced, no replies to my emails, terms and conditions for payment which make me feel uneasy (e.g. full payment required before arrival) and several "mistakes" in their pricing.

Also, has anyone stayed in the Axum Counsellor Hotel? It seems to be a new hotel, but I can't find it anywhere on the internet.

Would appreciate hearing your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Edited: 29 September 2011, 09:09
Addis Ababa...
Destination Expert
for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Level Contributor
3,735 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any recommendations for tour operators?

If you go on Lonely Planet Ethiopia Forum you will find loads of recs for tour companies/guides

Melbourne
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any recommendations for tour operators?

Thanks,

I actually did find 3 on the Lonely Planet forum that were recommended by a couple of people, but all 3 did not respond to my emails. I will keep trawling through the forum though, but if anyone had any further insights (including what the Counsellor Hotel is like), please let me know. Thanks.

Dubai
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any recommendations for tour operators?

Hello,

I would certainly recommend you my guide Birhan, who works as a freelance. Look at "would you really love nature" my recommendation on this forum. His email birhan_asmamaw@yahoo.com

cheers

Dubai
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any recommendations for tour operators?

Hello,

I would certainly recommend you my guide Birhan, who works mainly in the north as a freelance. Look at "would you really love nature" my recommendation in last August on this forum. His email birhan_asmamaw@yahoo.com

cheers

Edited: 29 September 2011, 12:53
addis ababa
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any recommendations for tour operators?

Dear Traveler, please review a traveler comment about a credible tour operator to the north circuit. at

www.flyertalk.com/forum/16668988-post26.html

Treviso, Italy
Level Contributor
399 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any recommendations for tour operators?

Hi Narlotte,

I guess will be too hard for you in choosing reliable tour operator in ethiopia. Because of they are too much and finding the exprienced and reliable is not easy.

In any way I recommend the following tour operators, As i have recomend them to many others I will recomend them to you as well, From my last trip I have also experienced well for th first time with Red Jackal tour, try them well experienced drivers, guide and organization, (www.red-jackal.net)

GETTS - www.getts.com.et

TTT-Ethiopia - www.tourinethiopia.com

Village Ethiopia- www.villageethiopia.com

Lake Tana Tours - www.laketanatour.com

and www.ethiopianquadrants.com are very great and experienced ones.

Good luck and enjoy your travel. I am sure you will gonna love Ethiopia, Its an Amazing country and people.

Treviso, Italy
Level Contributor
399 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any recommendations for tour operators?

Consular Hotel at Axum - is one of the finest Hotel in axum, as its new its very elegant and nice one. Great and clean rooms, friendly staff, Follow the link bellow you might find few photos of the Hotel just to have an Idea

sankofaworldpublishers.com/sankofawp-ethiopi…

Melbourne
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any recommendations for tour operators?

Many thanks everyone - your advice is much appreciated. It's always a little nervewrecking transferring a large sum of money to someone's bank account who you've never met and lives on the other side of the world.

Bluetips - what an incredible honeymoon!

Edited: 30 September 2011, 06:09
9. Re: Any recommendations for tour operators?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2016, 00:20
10. Re: Any recommendations for tour operators?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2016, 00:20