We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Impala car rental refund scam

New York
3 posts
Save Topic
Impala car rental refund scam

I rented a 4X4 in Harare with Impala car rental last October and paid a hefty deposit. They were supposed to refund me around $600+ USD since I didn't drive the full estimated mileage they initially calculated when determining the deposit. I have the receipt of how much I'm supposed to be refunded and was assured it would be wired back to my bank account after a few business days from the car rental return date. I've emailed them numerous times on the status of my refund and they keep giving me the run around stating that they are "liasing with their office in South Africa" for the refund. I've been dealing with the employee that I've set up the car rental initially - Kudzanayi Msimbe in addition to their manager/supervisor - Alex Masere. They've both stopped replying to my inquiries now and I do not know what else to do. Has anyone experienced the same problem and found a solution? Anything helps, thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Harare
Harare
Harare Province, Zimbabwe
Batonka Guest Lodge
Batonka Guest Lodge
#1 of 16 hotels in Victoria Falls
The Elephant Camp
The Elephant Camp
#2 of 16 hotels in Victoria Falls
Imbabala Zambezi Safari Lodge
Imbabala Zambezi Safari Lodge
#3 of 16 hotels in Victoria Falls
2 replies to this topic
Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Impala car rental refund scam

Hi l would suggest you take it with Zimbabwe Tourism Authority & give them all the information they could need to follow up the issue.l hope that will help.

All the best.

My Way Taxis Victoria Falls Zimbabwe.

Mentioned in this post
Victoria Falls
Victoria Falls
Matabeleland North Province, Zimbabwe
New York
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Impala car rental refund scam

Thank you! I will try to reach out to them and hope for the best.

Reply to: Impala car rental refund scam
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted