We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

14 days not sure how to plan it

5 posts
Save Topic
14 days not sure how to plan it

Hello guys,

My friend and I will arrive in Dar at the beginning of October. We going to stay in Tanzania for 12 days. It is on budget trip but also might be once in a lifetime so want to do as much as possible. I would love to see Kilimanjaro and safari but she is more interested in Zanzibar. I’m not sure what would be the best option to take. Can anyone suggest whether we need to plan everything in advance ( now) or it’s possible to book everything from there. Also flights...do we need to book them now or can we do it whilst we arrive at the Dar es Salaam airport. Thank you for any advice.

6 replies to this topic
Edison, New Jersey
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 14 days not sure how to plan it

Hi Gosia...Are you planning to visit the safari's by yourself? even if you plan by yourself, you can't reach Dar and book everything. there might not be availability of budget lodges. Though I am no expert, I would suggest to reach out different Tour Operators and tell them about your plan. you can do both safari and zanzibar in 12 days but don't rush things. For example, if you are planning to go to Zanzibar for 4 days, you will have 8 days for safari. you can choose northern circuit but don't try to include each and every national park as you will be running from one lodge to another with less time for actual game drive. Focus on around 3 parks and you should be good.

5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 14 days not sure how to plan it

Thank you for your suggestions. That’s how we’ll do it probably. I’m looking for TO right now so I can get safari quotes. Flight from Dar - Arusha , Arusha - Zanzibar are very expensive though but I’m sure there’s some cheaper way of transport. Have a lovely day

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,678 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 14 days not sure how to plan it

< I’m sure there’s some cheaper way of transport.>

There are long distanc e coaches between DAR and Arusha. It takes around 10 hours.

There are ferries to Zanzibar town from DAR. Takes four hours.

Both will save money but take time.

Dar es Salaam...
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 14 days not sure how to plan it

For a TO to help plan more better the safari I urge you try Bohobe Travel and Tours https:/…

5. Re: 14 days not sure how to plan it

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2018, 20:09

Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 14 days not sure how to plan it

Hi Gosia,

Yes its possible that you can enjoy your stay here in Tanzania and you will visit Someplaces.we Will share your plan as per your days. Welcome

Reply to: 14 days not sure how to plan it
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted