We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tanzania Safari Itinerary Advice

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
Tanzania Safari Itinerary Advice

First of all I want to thank all of you for this incredible collection of information and reviews! After reading it all I'd really appreciate your feedback on an itinerary we've put together for 6 day trip in early Nov. departing Arusha by road and departing the Serengeti by air for Zanzibar. Thanks!

Must See Animals:

Lion, Elephant, Rhino, Giraffe, Leopard, Cheetah, Wildebeest. Also would also love to see crocodile.

Interested in the great migration but not willing to focus our limited time around going to areas in the Northwest Serengeti (which I understand would give the best chance of river crossing viewing) at the expense of missing seeing the other animals.

Areas interested in:

Serengeti, central and North

Ngorongoro – from what I’ve read one day there with a 6 AM start will be adequate

Would like to see Tarangire

Background:

Well travelled couple in late forties, never been on a safari. After Tanzania we’re heading to South Africa and as part of this will spend 2 days on a self-drive safari in Kruger Park at Olifants Camp.

Draft Itinerary (Planning to make this a private tour):

Friday October 30th

Fly Dar to Arusha – arrive at 12:45 PM

Drive to Tarangire

Stay in Tarangire Park

Saturday October 31st

Tarangire

Drive Tarangire to Ngorongoro in late afternoon

Stay on rim of Ngorongoro

Sunday November 1st

Morning Game drive in Ngorongoro

Drive to Lobo in late afternoon

Stay in Lobo area

Monday November 2nd

Lobo area

Stay in Lobo area

Tuesday November 3rd

Game drive, drive Lobo to Seronera

Stay in Seronera area

Wednesday November 4th

Seronera area

Stay in Seronera area

Thursday November 5th.

Morning game drive in Seronera

Fly from Seronera to Zanzibar (approx. 11:30 AM flight departure)

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Tanzania Safari Itinerary Advice

The itinerary is doable. But you are looking at a very long day to do crater descent and then get to Lobo. I would consider switching North and Central. This will cut down driving time and be a bit more relaxing. Flying from Lobo to Znz is only slightly more expensive than from Sero so it is a win win.

2. Re: Tanzania Safari Itinerary Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2016, 10:46