We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to pay the safari ?? is it safe??

china
6 posts
Save Topic
how to pay the safari ?? is it safe??

I had emailed "sunnysafaris" for the safari in tanzania,

as for making sure the resevarion, they emailed as below:

"We kindlyask you to send us 50% deposit or your credit card details for security for our reservations and shall go

aheand and confirm your bookings accordingly with us. We can also accept your credit card details for security for

our reservations and on your arrival here in Arusha at our office you can make the full payments with Cash USD,

travellers cheques or with visa/master cards."

is that ok to send them the deposit or the credit card details?

sorry for my english.

Mentioned in this post
Arusha
Arusha
Arusha Region, Tanzania
New Jersey
Level Contributor
262 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: how to pay the safari ?? is it safe??

Sunny is one the larger/largest operators in Tz.

Wish I had the chance to pay with CC......could have used the miles :-)

Go ahead and use your CC (if no additonal % costs) and or, wire the 50% up front.

It's the way things are done going on Safari to afford you the chance to save some big bucks over paying a TA.

Findlay, Ohio
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to pay the safari ?? is it safe??

They will not make your bookings for accommodations until you pay for the deposit. It is the usual way of doing things there. The typical way is to wire transfer the deposit money into their bank account. Most don't accept credit cards, but they are being used more and more often, and the credit card usually comes with you paying the bank charges.

Personally, I wouldn't use a credit card there as it opens you up to too much CC fraud. I've only used a card there once and that was about 15 years ago when I didn't know any better and was fortunate that nothing happened.

I would get a confirmation of what was paid and take that confirmation along so that there's no misunderstanding when you get there.

It is safe to do all of this as all the companies require this.

3. Re: how to pay the safari ?? is it safe??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2010, 09:47