We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

zara tours

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
148 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
zara tours

Has anyone had any experience with Zara Tours? I am considering booking a one week tour with them, but would love to have some feedback from a former client before I do so.

Mentioned in this post
Zara Tours
Zara Tours
247 Reviews
Moshi, Tanzania
Findlay, Ohio
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: zara tours

Ask them for some references in the Washington area who have used them before. They should be able to provide you with a list of former clients. Telephone them and ask them what their experiences have been with Zara.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
148 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: zara tours

Thanks Karl, good idea.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: zara tours

Hello,

I'm looking into doing a week tour with them as well. Did you ever find any references?

Thanks so much!

ontario
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: zara tours

My husband and I booked a trip to Tanzania with Zara Tours this past June... including 5 day safari, 7 day kilimanjaro climb (machame route), and an 5 day excursion in Zanzibar. Overall they were an absolute pleasure to deal with.

Everything was well organized, there were no surprises or hidden fees. The accomodations they set us up at were great, and our guides were terrific (especially for the climb). We were treated very well and would recommend Zara Tours to anyone.

Mentioned in this post
Zara Tours
Zara Tours
247 Reviews
Moshi, Tanzania
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Archipelago, Tanzania
Southern California
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: zara tours

I am using them for a Kili climb and camping safaris later this year. The deciding factor was universal good "word of mouth" in guidebooks like Lonely Planet's, in this forum, in others, and from personal acquaintances.

It did not hurt that they were within 5% of the lowest rate I was quoted and less than 1/3 of the highest (I literally was quoted US$750 per day by one outfit -- I wonder if they get any takers, or is this like the old comedy routine about selling pencils in the great depression for $1M each, where the vendor only has to sell one). Even Kiliwariors is cheaper than that, and they are the supposedly the gold plated Rolls Royce of Kili tour companies.

new york
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: zara tours

Hi everyone, I'm climbing Kilimanjaro with Zara Tours over New Year's and am curious about the most recent post from "badinfluence" who was going to climb with them. Did you already go and how was it? Any other tips/advice people have would be great. thanks! Ashley

Mentioned in this post
Kilimanjaro National Park
Kilimanjaro National Park
Kilimanjaro Region, Tanzania
Zara Tours
Zara Tours
247 Reviews
Moshi, Tanzania
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
148 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: zara tours

I only took the Safari, but was with many others who had also done the climb. I didn´t hear one single complaint. I certainly didn´t have any on the safari, and wrote a review of it on Trip Advisor. Their hotels are also excellent value for money.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: zara tours

I have gone with them for ten years now..you can google me or visit me on facebook....Macon Dunnagan

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: zara tours

I have been with them for ten years now...please google me or contact me on facebook...Macon Dunnagan

Edited: 29 December 2009, 02:50
10. Re: zara tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2010, 16:14