We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some hotel advice

Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Some hotel advice

Hi there

I have booked to take my wife to marrakech for 3 nights in August as a 30th birthday present, and would appreciate some advice regarding hotels.

I would like a hotel of a decent standard with a nice swimming pool. We would like to stay somewhere central where we can see as many of the sights as possible on foot.

I am thinking we'll probably stay in a hotel rather than a riad as the riads don't seem to have as good swimming pools. If anyone can advise me differently, please do so as I'll consider anywhere.

After a very quick search, some of the hotels i was considering are hotel atlas asni, meryem hotel, imperial holiday hotel and hotel el andalous.

Can anyone offer any advice on these (or any other) hotels in terms of how good a location they are and if they would recommend these hotels?

Thanks a lot.

John Paul

East Gwillimbury...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some hotel advice

Hi JP,

Reading thru the reviews of these hotels on TA is probably a good 1st step. Maybe send a PM to people who have reviewed them, if you need more details.

Lots of riads have small, plunge pools to cool off in, but not "real sized" pools. Personally speaking, Moroccan riads can be stunningly beautiful and the personalized service and ambience found therein cannot be beat...anywhere!

Do as you feel best, of course, but you can stay in a big hotel anywhere. Medina riads are unique and should really be experienced at least once...Just my opinion.

Happy planning!

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Some hotel advice

Out of the hotels that you have mentioned, for a good sized pool choose either Atlas Asni or El Andalous. Both hotels are in the Hivernage area of Marrakech, just a 15-20 minute walk to the medina, with plenty of cafes and restaurants within walking distance.

Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Some hotel advice

Thanks a lot for your advice. Can anyone recommend a good riad in the medina?

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,256 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Some hotel advice

Hi,

Lots of people could recommend the good Riad they stayed in for maybe the first and last time, they couldn't offer constructive criticism because they only know that one Riad.

Have a look in the Hotel tab on the left as spmm said and send a message to your choice reviewers. It really is the best way.

5. Re: Some hotel advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2012, 11:48