We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

HSE
North East
Level Contributor
500 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Hi

Does anyone know when this hotel is actually opening? Considering going in early 2010. Any info would be appreciated or an update on how it is progressing from anyone who is local.

Thanks in advance.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Im glad i had a look at the posts, we have booked from the 4th december for a get away!

The hotel looks amazing, just hope people will be able to upload piccies before we go instead of having the CGI ones lol

You have to LOVE the Riu hotels thoug :o)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
742 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Yes you do, they are amazing!!!

wales
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

seen the price had to book going march 19th for 10 days hotel looks nice this price wont last for long get in there

New Forest, United...
Level Contributor
257 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

I am thinking of going to Marrakech at the end of March for a first visit. Where will I get the best prices for this hotel. It does sound really nice although I find it strange to find an all inclusive hotel in a city instead of a coastal resort. Are there others here?

I am unsure if I should be looking at this as a city break where you would normally allow a few days or a holiday resort for a week or more. Will it be warm enough in March to sit by the pool and read for some of the week or would I be better off staying somewhere more central but just for a few days.

London, United...
Level Contributor
284 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

dont quite understand why ppl wd go 4 a big hotel like this when u have an amazing choice of excellent Ryads in the Medina which ooze character and provide a service that cannot be beaten by the big chains.

who stays more than a week should split the time between Marrakech and Essoauira which has a nice beach and a beautiful medina.

also wd always recommend 2 stay within the medina. there is nothing much outisde the walls (jardin majorelle is a must tho) and u wd need a taxi a couple of times a day just 2 travel between ur hotel and the medina.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
26. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

hi,

just to let you know the hotel offically opens on the 21st november, ive had an email from the hotel itself!

hope you all enjoy your break i know we are looking forward to it

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
114 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

The hotel runs a free shuttle into Marrakech. Taxis are dirt cheap if you haggle and don't give in. The bus stop is only half a mile away. I have been to Marrakech many times and I believe that this time I will use the Riu Tikida to get away from the throng. Why would you need a beach when you've got the largest pool in Marrakech. My missus and I are booked in for 30th November. Looking forward to the break. For those who like a drink, it may be wiser not to visit the medina after a session. I think 'all inclusive' is going to be a culture shock to the Marrakchis. The only bar within the old city is at the Grand Tazi Hotel. Well worth a visit to people watch and form your own impression of what is going on. Cheap too.

gloucester
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Hotel close to opening ! looking forward to seeing reviews,hope all is good ,Xmas and new year 2009 should be a lot of fun we looking forward to meeting some nice people to share the festivities with.

Knutsford,Cheshire
2 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

We fly out on 23rd November, I just received an update phone call and letter from Thomson.It says that some of the hotel is not completely finished,namely the Wellness spa centre although they are laying on a free bus to nearby Hotel Tikida Garden,The swim up pool bar is no more,replaced by a walk up pool bar.They state there is no heavy machinery at the Hotel,but maybe some unobtrusive ongoing work or tasks at the complex during the holiday,such as fixing of internal fittings and landscaping.Only handheld tools will be in use.They do not anticipate any major resulting noise or disturbance.As a gesture they have give us two £40 vouchers to be used against any of their excursions.

We will find out Monday if this is true,fingers crossed!

Devon
Level Contributor
27 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

had the same phone call and letter via Portland we are going on the 27th November said reps have already visited the site this week and gave the same info re pool bar and wellness centre. So all being well should be good and weather is in the mid 20's too