We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sahara Desert Tour

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sahara Desert Tour

Hi guys

i am planning a trip to Morocco in November. we are planning on doing the 3 days desert tour to merzouga. just a few questions i would appreciate answering.

What will the weather be like for camping over night. is there a chance that it may be cancelled if the weather is too bad for the camping part?

Also would we be able to take beer with us? i don't plan on taking a crate and getting wasted. but to have a few bottles of beer under the stars in the desert sounds appealing to me.I have read that morocco is quite liberal but wouldnt want to offend our hosts.

Thanks in advance for replies

Stephen

Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
6 replies to this topic
penna
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sahara Desert Tour

If you do take beer, you might want to bring extra. The guys at the desert camps always want me to share with them.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sahara Desert Tour

haha serious?

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
96 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sahara Desert Tour

No problem taking beer. Whilst many Moroccans don't drink alcohol, they don't mind tourists doing so. As comicman says, many desert boys like their beer! Best to buy supplies from Carrefour before you leave - bottled Casablanca beer is in my view the best local beer.

It can be 6 or 7 degrees at dawn (or cooler) during November, buy daytime temperatures will be pleasant in the 20s.

Mentioned in this post
Casablanca
Casablanca
Grand Casablanca Region, Morocco
Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,271 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sahara Desert Tour

But do not be worry, at day it will be warm, not as in Spring or Summer of course, but around 15 degree or more in sun. At night in the camps they have many blankets and make a fire so you will not freeze.

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
13,476 posts
3,232 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sahara Desert Tour

Khamlia,

Thanks for your reply

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sahara Desert Tour

Thanks everyone for your replies. looking forward to it now :)

Reply to: Sahara Desert Tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Marrakech