We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour - Marakesh

Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Tour - Marakesh

Is it better to book tour when you are in Marrakesh or book in advance?

8 replies to this topic
England, United...
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: Tour - Marakesh

When you are there. You won't have any problems with availability, and you'll will get a better idea of what you might want to do after a day or two there - especially if you talk with others at your hotel. Weather is also a factor, something it's hard to predict in advance...

Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Tour - Marakesh

Thank you for your help, I have contacted few tour company but I wasn't comfortable booking in advance as I will be travelling a 8 & 10 year old. I am not sure what would best, as you said weather might a factor too. Wanted to experience the camel ride and dessert camp but again because of the kids I have to make sure that this will be a good idea.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
49 reviews
3. Re: Tour - Marakesh

You're welcome. I'd add that travelling with kids, it's even less advisable to book in advance. If you are staying in the one of the kid-friendly all-inclusive hotels, you'll get plenty of options and advice there. You can also shop around at the many places selling tours in town, but sometimes it's easier to organise through the hotel and can even work out cheaper after factoring in time, taxis to town, etc.

Have fun, whatever you choose!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: Tour - Marakesh

Hello. May I ask when are you heading to Marrakesh? If possible, would you mind letting me know which company did you go with and how was your experience? I am afraid of not booking in advance, but seems like people think it is okay to go there and book in person. Would appreciate your follow up. Thanks!

Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Tour - Marakesh

Hi, we are heading there on the 20th of this month. I've been doing a lot of digging around on excursions and it seems that its a good idea to book it when you are there, in that way you don't have the worry of whether the driver will come to pick you up from your hotel or not. I've been reading lot of reviews where people book their trip in advance and then no one turns up or finding out the price is lot cheaper there. so I am leaving it for later, I am not taking any chance since I have 2 kids with me, don't want any complication on my holiday. I will post a review once we are back.

6. Re: Tour - Marakesh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2018, 20:47

penna
Level Contributor
4,518 posts
40 reviews
7. Re: Tour - Marakesh

Good advice ruined by your spam.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
12,757 posts
68 reviews
8. Re: Tour - Marakesh

@adammiran2017: reported to moderators for self-promotion (along with all your other spam posts)

Reply to: Tour - Marakesh
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted