We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fez guide

Plainville...
Level Contributor
16 posts
100 reviews
Fez guide

I don't see any responss to Michael's reqest for recommendations as to a good guide to hire in Fez. Any suggestions?

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
12,483 posts
68 reviews
1. Re: Fez guide

Who's Michael?

Who are you?

Casablanca
Level Contributor
884 posts
2. Re: Fez guide

For Fes Guides i would not Trust someone got first or second recommendation, i'd use an accommodation recommendation, or contact Bereau des Guides, as i would use Google Fes City Guide and having a good experience.

For more info, use the search box or the Link of the Tours and Guides on the right side of your screen.

Happy Travels.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,629 posts
530 reviews
3. Re: Fez guide

our agency had a wonderful guide for us and we were very happy.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,069 posts
67 reviews
4. Re: Fez guide

Hi,

Guides change over the years and agencies which used certain ones a few years ago may have new guys now who may or may not be as good.

Your hotel or Riad is always the best place to ask, they will only use official guides and you can plan your day before you set off.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
5 posts
136 reviews
5. Re: Fez guide

No need to get a guide really. We spent 5 days in Fez and we went through the old city on our own, exploring all the places we wanted (have in mind that you can't access the madressas and the mosques in any case). We didn't get lost by simply using our smartphones as GPS devices (without roaming.Simply download the map to your phone if you have an iPhone or any other android device, disable roaming, and initiate GPS ).

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,629 posts
530 reviews
6. Re: Fez guide

guides do change from year to year....and does life.

many years ago one could be good and so on...but your riad will have a good idea for you.

you will have a great time in morocco.

we loved having a guide, many , many years ago, when we were in fes..

7. Re: Fez guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 February 2013, 08:05
sydney
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: Fez guide

Hi Chanel,

Could you tell me if the guidewas half or full day and how much you paid?

TY

Casablanca
Level Contributor
884 posts
9. Re: Fez guide

Hi Prodations;

welcome to Morocco Travel forums.

try to ask your riad arranging you a trustful guide in Fes it's very hard to trust any first timer poster on here, by the way ; for a half Day You can pay 150 to 200 Dirhams, and 400 Dirhams for a full day.

Good Luck in your Travels.

Casablanca
Level Contributor
884 posts
10. Re: Fez guide

Chanel it's illegal to post your friend's personal information that's considered as voilation to the TA Guidelines, when your post is removed please read the Guidelines.

Thanks

Get answers to your questions about Fes
Recent Conversations