We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

riads in fez

chechengsao
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
riads in fez

Is it a practical idea to arrive in Fez without having pre-booked, and look for a riad there ?

I prefer not to pre-book, because I should have to pay in advance, without seeing the accommodation, and then might find on arrival that the accommodation was awful.

It seems to me , however, that the riads do not have any external signage, which makes it difficult to find them.

I shall be arriving fairly early in the day, but it might still be difficult ?

East Gwillimbury...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
73 reviews
1. Re: riads in fez

Hi,

Yes, you're right: Some riads have small signs posted directly out front, but you have to be standing in front of it to even notice and even then, many do not have signs at all. Finding one, even if you DO have some idea as to the area it's in, can be difficult at best - very frustrating and time wasting at worst!

I would suggest that you book ahead and have their phone number with you so that you can call them directly if you can't find the place on your own. ...Just my opinion, of course...

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,633 posts
530 reviews
2. Re: riads in fez

what time of year?? we were so happy to see the woman that runs the booking for the riad, walking down the street to find us!!!

we could have never found the riad , by ourselves, as this was our first time to fes, and it was crazy..(good crazy).

it was the fanciest riad of all and the signage was a very small, wooden sign. would have never see it!

if you check on TA and read reviews..

even early in the day, it would, in my humble opinion, hard to find another...the streets are small, and not much of signage, on where another riad would be.

have fun in morocco...

Fes, Morocco
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
3. Re: riads in fez

With over 100 riads in Fes, you have quite a selection to choose from. You might do your research on line, contact the few that you like to get physical locations, come to Fes early in the day and explore the handful you have chosen. You may also find that travel companies (especially those based in Morocco) will often get you better than walk in prices. Riads are a great way to go for a classy, more traditional experience in Morocco.

John (Fes, Morocco resident)

Edited: 01 March 2012, 15:05
4. Re: riads in fez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2013, 00:45