We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Fez and Tangier

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
22 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in Fez and Tangier

I will be traveling to Tangier via ferry and then onto Fez and then Casablanca by train in August. I have been to Marakech and Casablanca, but never Tangier and Fez.

I have looked at the reviews on Trip Advisor, but looking for some recenet reccomendations to some hotels in each city that is close (not necessarily in) to the Medina.

Also, does anyone have a good web site to purchase ferry tickets from Gibralter to Tangier?

Thanks in advance

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Fez and Tangier

You can only buy tickets from Gibraltar ferry terminal for one crossing in the week.

From Gib, the ferry daparts late on Friday and returns on Sunday, no other times were available and I'm sure this still aplies. This service was mainly for the Moroccans who work on Gib

Your best bet is to go to either Tarifa or Algeciras in Spain from where you can get hourly crossings; Tarifa ferry terminal will take you straight to Tanger Ville which is in the centre alternatively Algeciras takes one to Tanger Port some 25Km away from the centre although there is a free bus transfer on producing your ferry ticket.

There are many posts on the subject so enter some criteria in the search box above the posts and then filter bay date for the most recent posts.

Check the frs.es website for info on times of crossings.

Edited: 31 January 2012, 00:22
Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
22 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Fez and Tangier

Thanks

3. Re: Hotels in Fez and Tangier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2013, 15:59