We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meknes > Moulay Idriss > Volubilis

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Meknes > Moulay Idriss > Volubilis

Hello,

I am in Fes right now and after inquiring in my Riad they are quoting me 800 dh for a day trip which sounds a little steep. Is it? If so, can someone give me any recommendations for day excursion companies or drivers? I already checked the "Tour Companies and Guides" link but could not find an updated referral in Fes.

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Fes
Fes
Fes-Boulemane Region, Morocco
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,003 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meknes > Moulay Idriss > Volubilis

Hi,

800 Dirhams sounds OK to me (for the car and driver for a whole day, not per person!)

Fes
Level Contributor
573 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Meknes > Moulay Idriss > Volubilis

800 dhm is the standard rate for the car & driver for this trip. Obviously a bit expensive if you are travelling solo, but good value if you are sharing with others.

You could try doing it yourself, train to Meknes, shared grand taxi to Moulay Idriss, then either walk or hire a grand taxi to Volubilis.

You could also try going to the Grand Taxi stand next to Fes Train station and negotiating a 'day fare' directly with a Grand Taxi driver, you may get it a bit cheaper, but you'll lose time through not being picked up / dropped off directly to your guest house, and you are likely to have a lower standard of transport.

Mentioned in this post
Meknes
Meknes
Meknes-Tafilalet Region, Morocco
Fes
Fes
Fes-Boulemane Region, Morocco
Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meknes > Moulay Idriss > Volubilis

OK, yes that price is a little too expensive for just myself. Thanks so much to both of you for your advise!

4. Re: Meknes > Moulay Idriss > Volubilis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2012, 17:03
5. Re: Meknes > Moulay Idriss > Volubilis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2013, 15:50