We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Casablanca to Marrakesh

Mumbai, India
4 posts
Save Topic
Travel from Casablanca to Marrakesh

Hi we were planning to take the 6.00 pm evening bus from Casablanca airport which reaches Marrakesh at 10.00 pm. Is it safe to reach Marrakesh at 10 pm?

Mentioned in this post
Casablanca
Casablanca
Grand Casablanca Region, Morocco
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Casablanca to Marrakesh

Yes.

Mumbai, India
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Casablanca to Marrakesh

any trips you can suggest for the desert tours - one nights or two and will it be too cold during the month of Jan 2012 to be out in the night in the open desert?

Mumbai, India
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Casablanca to Marrakesh

Hi I was wondering about internet facilities in Marrakesh and if I could use some kind of an internet card while I do one of these overnight desert camps. Please also let me know if I will be able to use my mobile phone in the desert. Thanks

East Gwillimbury...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Casablanca to Marrakesh

Not sure why this topic is in the Fes Forum, as the points are about Casa & Marrakech (?). Also, not sure why you'd take a bus to Marrakech as the train is probably more comfortable and just as affordable.

If you look in the Marrrakech or Morocco Forums home pages, you will find a link to "Desert Trips from Marrrakech" in the Top Questions section on the right. People do desert overnights year-round, but expect the temperature to be single-digits at night...maybe even some rain?

Not sure what you mean about "internet facilities in Marrakech". Many hotels/riads have wifi access now, there are cyber cafes around and also the cyber park near the Koutoubia Mosque. I've gotten cell reception at Erg Chebbi, but I guess that depends on your phone & network. cheers

Mentioned in this post
Fes
Fes
Fes-Boulemane Region, Morocco
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
marrakech
Level Contributor
44 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Casablanca to Marrakesh

salam,

you can not get the bus from the airport straight to marrakech, if you arre talking about a public bus , you d better get the train to casablanca voyageur, then get your train to marrakech. and if you do not want tpo get a taxi in marrakech to your hotel , book through Ibis. 2mns walking.

the weather at night in the desert can be at that time very cold. the daylight will be 20 up to 25 and the night 0degrees.if you are camping.

the signal for the mobile , it depends which part of the desert, you can get it in Merzouga, but in echgaga you should try to get your roaming trough meditel and not AM. those are tow different campanies.

Edited: 14 December 2011, 17:30
Mentioned in this post
Merzouga
Merzouga
Meknes-Tafilalet Region, Morocco
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
126 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Casablanca to Marrakesh

There is many facilities you can take from Marrakech, you may get the Train or the Public trasportation from Casablanca and get marrakech in two hours.

and from marrakech to the desert there is many desert trips, as you can use search box for it.

supratours is the best safe and comfortable main for the desert and all directions in Morocco.

welcome to Morocco.

Mentioned in this post
Casablanca
Casablanca
Grand Casablanca Region, Morocco
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
7. Re: Travel from Casablanca to Marrakesh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 07:45