We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small group tours of Morocco

Kendal, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Small group tours of Morocco

I'm planning a solo trip to N Morocco next year and would like to tour, but don't want to hire a driver and taxi as its very expensive. I'd like to join a group and see places of interest, say Fes, Casablanka, Marrakech, Volubilis etc with the odd day off for relaxing in the sun.

Are there any companies providing such trips, and are they expensive?

Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Fes
Fes
Fes-Boulemane Region, Morocco
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
East Gwillimbury...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Small group tours of Morocco

Hi,

Check out the "Tour Companies and Guides" link, located in the Top Questions About Morocco (right side of page) on the Morocco Forums page:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g293730-i9195-Moroc…

cheers

Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
2. Re: Small group tours of Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 November 2011, 22:05
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
82 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Small group tours of Morocco

www.intrepidtravel.com/destinations/morocco

I am travelling with Intrepid in September - havent tried them before, but from what I have read, they seem to have great, small group tours of Morocco.

Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,504 posts
529 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Small group tours of Morocco

we toured with journey beyond travel, but it was just the two of us. we did have another car, for part of the trip, with a daughter and father, that drove to the desert behind us. i don't know if they have group tours, but doesn't hurt to try. maybe someone will read this and be going solo as well...good luck and have a great time in morocco.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,279 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Small group tours of Morocco

You not need to have some guide or tour, if you have good guidebook and map over cities, you can manage all alone. It is much more interesting also, to search self, to be independent of other. You learn you much more also, meet locals and have more funny and, it is not expensive at all :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Small group tours of Morocco

I did an Intrpid tour, it was great.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
82 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Small group tours of Morocco

Ah, tell me more about it, Marley2! I am doing the South Morocco Discovery, in September. Which tour did you go on?

My tour is visiting Marrakech, Essaouira, Atlas mountains-walk, Sahara Camp, I cant wait to go!

Was it easy to get to know other people in the group? Did you do most things together in the group, or was it plenty of time on your own?

How was Marrakech? I have 5 days there on my own, I hope I will find enough things to do. As I am travelling solo (as a blond female), I will mostly go on guided activities I think, instead of walking on my own... What do you think, is it safe for single females to walk alone?

Hope to hear from you, hope it is ok with all the questions :)

Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Marrakech
Marrakech
Essaouira
Essaouira
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,025 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Small group tours of Morocco

Hi SarafinaOslo,

For the last part of your questions look at the Top Questions box on the Morocco forum for some very astute advice about women travelling to Morocco from previous visitors who have taken the time to post their experiences.

Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,504 posts
529 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Small group tours of Morocco

sarafina.

your best bet would be to send a personal message to marley2, and ask her all your questions. you will have a wonderful time in magical morocco...you lucky woman!!! have fun.

Bern, Switzerland
13 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Small group tours of Morocco

Can you recommend a local tour company/guide that organize trips for small groups from fes to marrakech?