We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

night train from Fez to Marakesh

Los Angeles...
2 posts
night train from Fez to Marakesh

Is there night train from Fez to marakesh

Email to roofian@hotmail.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
33,596 posts
79 reviews
1. Re: night train from Fez to Marakesh

www.seat61.com or check the Moroccan train service.

Don;t worry about emailing me back...

Los Angeles...
2 posts
2. Re: night train from Fez to Marakesh

thank you for the information

East Gwillimbury...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
73 reviews
3. Re: night train from Fez to Marakesh

www.oncf.ma is the Morocco rail service site. Schedules and prices are listed.

Samoens, France
Level Contributor
28 posts
58 reviews
4. Re: night train from Fez to Marakesh

We caught the overnight train in April from Marrakech to Tangier and it went through Fes. We purchased a 1st class ticket for 350 dirhams per person for the whole trip, so it would be less from Marrakech to Fes. It wasn't very full and was an easy trip to do. Sleep was limited due to the movement, but we got a bit through the night. Would do it again! The train provides you with bedding and pillows if you purchase a sleeper.

Edited: 12 May 2011, 22:55
Samoens, France
Level Contributor
28 posts
58 reviews
5. Re: night train from Fez to Marakesh

Sorry we departed Marrakech at 9pm and got into Tangier at 7am the next morning

East Gwillimbury...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
73 reviews
6. Re: night train from Fez to Marakesh

There are no "sleeper cars" available between Fes & Marrakech (to the best of my knowledge anyways).

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
27 reviews
7. Re: night train from Fez to Marakesh

Would it not be possible to book the compartment from Tanger to Marrakech but get on at Fes? There is only one price - regardless of all the stops - so I assume you just get on and off where you want?

Does it actually stop at Fes or is it straight through from Tanger to marrakech?

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
27 reviews
8. Re: night train from Fez to Marakesh

Sorry, ignore my previous post - confused myself by having the page for ONCF and Seat61 open at the same time and I merged the timetables in my head.

9. Re: night train from Fez to Marakesh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 01:46