We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casablanca to Fes

Mexico
5 posts
Save Topic
Casablanca to Fes

We arrive in Casablanca at 14:10 and a Saturday, and would like to take the train to Fes.

Can anyone tell us the best way to do this?

If not, what is the alternative? Car & driver? Or?

Toronto
Level Contributor
342 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casablanca to Fes

Your options:

1) Train

2) Bus

3) Hire a driver through a tour company

4) Rent a car and drive yourself

5) Magic carpet

The user John9159 on this forum has lots of detailed information about bus schedules, fares, etc. Possibly for trains as well, although I am not 100% sure.

For recommendations on where you can hire a driver, do a forum search on 'driver hire', as this topic comes up about every week or two. Or, try google. If you have questions about the reputation of certain companies that you may pull up, you can always inquire here in the forums - people do this on a regular basis. As for renting a car, you can hire a car through Avis. Driving is relatively straight-forward, though it can feel chaotic in the cities. It's all relative. If you're used to driving in dense metropolises then it shouldn't phase you at all. Highways are typically two-lane cement roads, generally in good condition. Moroccan people drive well, imo. Their knack for parking is an artform unto itself.

As for the magic carpet, you can obtain one by rubbing the genie lamp and using one of your three wishes.

:)

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casablanca to Fes

There are trains throughout the day to Fes which is the best option. Coming from Mohammed V airport you'll have to switch at Casa Voyageurs for the train for Fes. (www.oncf.ma for timetables). A grand taxi is also an option, they cost an established rate of 1300 dirham for the 4 hr trip.

3. Re: Casablanca to Fes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2008, 14:53
Bucharest
Level Contributor
332 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Casablanca to Fes

Chano : 1500Dh... ? i would suggest a cshared grand-taxi. or pay 1500dh for that Magic carpet!!

Mexico
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Casablanca to Fes

Thanks for all the advice.

Do you arrange for a grand-taxi in advance, or find it at the Casa airport?

Bucharest
Level Contributor
332 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Casablanca to Fes

Do you arrange for grand-taxis?? who??? huh !!!kidding!!.

Noo you don't have to arrange in advance; whene you get out the train (casablanca downtown) there you can ask for a grand taxi.(but don't pay 1500dh!lol!).

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casablanca to Fes

Afrikia, there's no need to be obnoxious when someone is simply asking for information. Just because you wouldn't hire a grand taxi to take you somewhere doesn't mean that this option isn't appealing to anyone. How rude.

The grand taxis are available when you come out of the terminal, and the 1300 dirham fee is posted as the fare to Fes, whether you are by yourself or manage to find other people to share with you.

Bucharest
Level Contributor
332 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Casablanca to Fes

chano am not beeing rude; but i prefer to use trains/buses (where you can get a ticket; grand-taxis are not safe;(i remember they charged me double price x4 from Marakech to Casablanca) i belive the cost was 900dh but have payed 1700dh;...that was a long story'

if the rythm changed while i was abcent!!! then Excuse my 'ignorance'

Thanks chano

Mexico
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Casablanca to Fes

Chano,

Thanks so much for your helpful information. Please let me know if you ever come to Mexico, and I will try to be as gracious with information as you have been.

Afrikia...might be best if you stayed home!!! Lol...

Bucharest
Level Contributor
332 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Casablanca to Fes

'was just saying'