We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 night break

Dublin
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
5 night break

Hi all

Im in desperate need of some advice. My mum is going for an operation next year and my brother and I would like to bring her on a trip for 4/5 nights on 6th MArch. She is only 50 but is getting a hip replacement so doesnt have huge mobility. We are also on a bit of a budget and dont want to pay more that about 600 quid each between flights and accommodation. I was thinking of somewhere in Morocco but I was in Marrakech last year and know that the old city would not be suitable for her. Then I thought of Tunisia but it seems very resorty and my mother is into culture and architecture and museums. Ideally I would love somewhere with a bit of warmth for me, good food, and lots of history for her. Italy would have been perfect but it will probably be a bit cold which is why I thought of Fez or somewhere - however the reviews don't seem great. If anyone has any suggestions I would really really appreciate it

Fes
Level Contributor
573 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 night break

Fes is unlike anywhere else. As a living medieval medina it is a much more authentic Moroccan experience than Marrakech, which is more geared up towards the mass tourist market. That said if you think that Marrakech medina (which is flat) would not be suitable for your mother (with the dodgy hip) then Fes would be even less suitable as it is quite hilly.

Also maybe think about the south of Spain, Seville/Cordoba might be good and you would also get the Moorish Architecture. The Grand Mosque in Cordoba is especially worth a visit and March (before Easter) is a good time to visit the area.

Hope this helps

Dublin
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 night break

thats really great-thanks so much for the help. Il look into Spain

3. Re: 5 night break

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 18:50