We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay Fes?

13 posts
Where to stay Fes?

Hi,

Planning a trip to Fes and wanted to know a family friendly area to stay. Where is the safest place to stay. And also near souvenir shops, restaurants and the main tourist area.

Thank you

5 replies to this topic
penna
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
40 reviews
1. Re: Where to stay Fes?

I think you will find most of those questions answered in the lonely Planet guide of Morocco.

2. Re: Where to stay Fes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2018, 21:47

penna
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
40 reviews
3. Re: Where to stay Fes?

Wow you have family houses all over. Nice that you offer so many people to stay for free in your house.

That is very nice of you.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
116 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: Where to stay Fes?

Hi

The Lonely planet did not help. If can only name some of Roads ($ 100 and above) or if you can mention the best locations. Thank you.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
12,227 posts
67 reviews
5. Re: Where to stay Fes?

I can't think of anywhere in Fez that I would describe as dangerous. Morocco tends to be very family friendly and Moroccans love children.

I guess it's riads you are looking for rather than roads. Riads are traditional houses in the medina (old city) that have been converted into boutique hotels. The medina is the main tourist area. The difference between a riad and a dar is that whilst both will have a central courtyard, the riad will include a fountain and two fruit trees.

Click on the hotels tab above and browse through the options. Not sure how much $100 is worth or even if you are talking US or Canadian, it's best to start getting used to dirhams.

Reply to: Where to stay Fes?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fes