We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit Marrakesh and Fes for 5 days around October

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
138 posts
Visit Marrakesh and Fes for 5 days around October

Would like to have good private guide for 2 ladies, any recommendation?

Thank you in advance!

Sharon

14 replies to this topic
penna
Level Contributor
3,373 posts
40 reviews
1. Re: Visit Marrakesh and Fes for 5 days around October

Private guide for what.

Day tour of city, for whole 5 days , 5 days with transport ?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
138 posts
2. Re: Visit Marrakesh and Fes for 5 days around October

Hi comicman, thought of visit Chefchaouen near Fes and Fes to Marrakesh with Desert overnight tour and some sightseeing of mountain, villages, etc... please kindly recommend old town in Fes and Marrakesh to visit.

As so many places to go to and i guess it is good to hire a private guide. We have total of 5 nights in Morocco.

penna
Level Contributor
3,373 posts
40 reviews
3. Re: Visit Marrakesh and Fes for 5 days around October

What you suggested is impossible.

You are planing too much.

You should pick either Fes or Marrakech , with maybe one day or overnight trip to something near by.

Just some idea of distance Fes is not near chaouen if you day tripped you end up 10 to 12 hours on a bus to see an hour or 2 of the town.

Fes to Marrakech is full day on a train.

And unless you don't want to leave the bus that is taking you there ,a desert trip is minimum of 3 days, with almost all who have done a 3 day trips telling you that you really need 4 days to do this.

Best just pick one , if Marrakech then maybe day trip to Ourika or Imlil , or overnight to the beach town of essouarra

If fez a day trip to vilubulis and the holy city of Mouley Idriss

If you are flying into Fes the I would say do Fes as you will lose almost 2 days to boring travel to get any where else.

Edited: 15 June 2018, 02:52
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
138 posts
4. Re: Visit Marrakesh and Fes for 5 days around October

Hi comicman,

Thank you so much for your valuable advise! will have to re-plan my trip as mentioned, greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Sharon

penna
Level Contributor
3,373 posts
40 reviews
5. Re: Visit Marrakesh and Fes for 5 days around October

Best thing you can do is buy a good tour book, I like lonely planet or rough guide.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
37 reviews
6. Re: Visit Marrakesh and Fes for 5 days around October

Hi Sharon,

I have just booked a 2 week holiday for my 83 yr old mother and 59 yr old sister. One week in Marrakech then fly Airarabia to Fes (one hour) and a week there. Perfectly doable but maybe a bit much for one week? I am also trying to arrange a good guide for both places but this is proving difficult.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,106 posts
128 reviews
7. Re: Visit Marrakesh and Fes for 5 days around October

Ask your accommodation to recommend a guide, there are some listed here under "Things To do" as well

8. Re: Visit Marrakesh and Fes for 5 days around October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 September 2018, 16:05

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
12,163 posts
67 reviews
9. Re: Visit Marrakesh and Fes for 5 days around October

^^ clearly not a native English speaker, and seeing as both posts have been promos for a tour company I suspect this is a Moroccan tout, so reported for self-promotion.

Luton, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
11 reviews
10. Re: Visit Marrakesh and Fes for 5 days around October

#8 - As the suspicious post has still not been removed, I have also reported, Tim.

Reply to: Visit Marrakesh and Fes for 5 days around October
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted