We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

money

london
2 posts
Save Topic
money

i am travelling to fez next week. What currency is acceptable to spend in fez, should i change my pounds into euro's, dollars or wait till i get into the airport in fez to change money into local currency?

thanks

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
420 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: money

I found that using local currency (Dirhams) was the best. It is easy to get Dirhams from ATM's. They are everywhere. The maximum I could withdraw was 4000Dh at a time. There is a small transaction fee. You may want to check with your bank to see what the transaction fee is and to let them know you will be in Morocco so they don't freeze your account due to unusual transactions in a foreign country. Someone advised to use the ATM during regular business hours just in case your card gets eaten by the machine then you can go into the branch for assistance. It never happened to me though.

Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
2. Re: money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 13:57