We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hamid Mernisi, Sarah Tours, Moroccan Discoveries

Oaxaca, Mexico
3 posts
2 reviews
Hamid Mernisi, Sarah Tours, Moroccan Discoveries

Hello, any new recent experience with Hamid Mernisi, Sarah Tours or Moroccan Discoveries? Thanks

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
12,483 posts
68 reviews
1. Re: Hamid Mernisi, Sarah Tours, Moroccan Discoveries

A simple google search would reveal that Sarah Tours and Mr Mernisi are criticised in dozens of threads on forums for not providing the services contracted, promising refunds that never materialise, and so forth.

What is your interest?

Oaxaca, Mexico
3 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Hamid Mernisi, Sarah Tours, Moroccan Discoveries

I would like to attend the Sacred Music Festival and I am looking for a company to provide services while in Morocco.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
12,483 posts
68 reviews
3. Re: Hamid Mernisi, Sarah Tours, Moroccan Discoveries

Info on the festival: …blogspot.co.uk/2017/…

You don't need a USA based agency to arrange this.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
12,483 posts
68 reviews
4. Re: Hamid Mernisi, Sarah Tours, Moroccan Discoveries

I was mobile when posting the above. All you have to do is to organise flights and accommodation and order tickets, so this is something you can easily do yourself. Getting from Casablanca (likely to be your arrival airport) to Fez is simple using the excellent train service.

You could explore the Fez Riads website included on the link above, or check out the hotels listed under the 'hotels' tab at the top of this page. I'd suggest you organise accommodation as soon as possible as obviously it's a popular event in Fez.

Also important is to get a guidebook both for pre-trip research and also as a reference whilst in Morocco.

Montreal, Canada
2 posts
5. Re: Hamid Mernisi, Sarah Tours, Moroccan Discoveries

Well I want to assure you that I just returned last month from a 17 days trip booked with Sarah Tours> I am totally satisfied with all services provided in our tour. I am raving about the guide and driver they have assigned for me throughout the journey I had with my husband and three other grown up children. Mr. Youssef Sebti was my guide and he was most curteous, most knowledgeable and most importantly most patience. He made our trip memorable.

One question, Mr. Tim Cullis, are you a travel agent? I saw you were persistant in trushing Sarah tours since 2006. Just curious!

Casablanca, Morocco
Level Contributor
6,384 posts
450 reviews
6. Re: Hamid Mernisi, Sarah Tours, Moroccan Discoveries

Post #5 reported as a personal attack. I wish I could report it for a second time too as solicitation, lol.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
12,483 posts
68 reviews
7. Re: Hamid Mernisi, Sarah Tours, Moroccan Discoveries

It's better to leave the post in place, I can well defend myself, thanks. LOIL

@Traenthusiast: Well here's some more on Mr Mernisi and Sarah Tours: https:/…disappointments-morocco-tour

And his claims to help put on the entire Fez festival: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293…

And more: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293…

It's interesting that not only have you registered today for TripAdvisor specifically to endorse Sarah Tours, but you think I have been trashing Sarah Tours since 2006. It sounds like someone is prompting you with this (incorrect) information. At a guess I would say I have been pointing out their wrongdoings since about 2011 or 2012.

As to whether I am a travel agent, this is who I am, …blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/tim-cullis-great-con…

But who are you?

Edited: 25 April 2017, 17:35
Montreal, Canada
2 posts
8. Re: Hamid Mernisi, Sarah Tours, Moroccan Discoveries

I was speaking from my own experience, expressing my own satisfaction about my my overall experience in Morocco with Sarah Tours. The highlight of my trip was the city of Fez. Mr. Cullis, I did not attack you, so you do not have to defend yourself. I was just curious to know what is your relation to Sarah Tours. I read your blog just now. What you do is a noble thing to speak about Morocco with such love and appreciation to its people. I share with you the same enthusiasm about Morocco and its hospitable people. I had a great experience from insideout. I found out that Moroccans are very generous people and the country to be so diverse and so beautiful. I will recommend it to other travelers as well as your blog especially the your cause with children of Fez. Best to you Mr. Cullis.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
9 posts
29 reviews
9. Re: Hamid Mernisi, Sarah Tours, Moroccan Discoveries

The reviews posted were from several years ago. Any more recent posts?

10. Re: Hamid Mernisi, Sarah Tours, Moroccan Discoveries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2018, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Fes
Recent Conversations