We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private transfer from Fez to Casablanca Airport

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Private transfer from Fez to Casablanca Airport

Can anyone please tell me the approximate cost of a private transfer for 3 ladies from Fez to Casablanca Airport ? Can anyone supply the name of a company or person who will do this ?

We do not like the option of taking the train from Fez to Casablanca city and then another train to the airport -which is I believe the only way to do it by train.

We will be visiting in May 2017

16 replies to this topic
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
104 reviews
1. Re: Private transfer from Fez to Casablanca Airport

It's better to hire a private Driver from Fes to Casablanca air-port taking enough time and assuring your way as well, the cost is between 1500 to 2200 Dirhams.

Not sure of any company but check Fes Things to do for Fes and contact the suitable one for your trip.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Private transfer from Fez to Casablanca Airport

Ask the hotel you are staying at in Fez to arrange this for you, any reputable hotel has a transport company contact they could use.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
12,405 posts
68 reviews
3. Re: Private transfer from Fez to Casablanca Airport

What's your reason for not wanting to take the train?

They are safe, clean, quick and relatively inexpensive. Moroccan trains: http://www.seat61.com/Morocco.htm

Casablanca, Morocco
Level Contributor
6,384 posts
450 reviews
4. Re: Private transfer from Fez to Casablanca Airport

The official price, according to the photo of the tariff panel at the head of the taxi rank in Casablanca Airport I took last year is 1300 dirhams for a Grand Taxi to Fes. Obviously, the price will be the same from Fes to the airport.

Any taxi arranged through an accommodation will be considerably more expensive as they will cream off a commission. If you really do not want to take one of the fast, comfortable and frequent trains in 1st Class to the airport with one change, I'd advise you to negotiate with a taxi driver yourselves.

I simply cannot understand what the problem is with changing trains.

North Ayrshire...
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
53 reviews
5. Re: Private transfer from Fez to Casablanca Airport

What's wrong with the train? I've used it more times than I can accurately remember travelling around Morocco, admittedly some of the rolling stock is now becoming rather past its sell-by date, but in the (generally) uncrowded first class it's safe and comfortable, although the toilets at either end of the corridor are a bit grubby, but at least they are there in case of an "emergency"....not so in a private taxi where you might have to tap the driver on the shoulder and ask for an unplanned dewatering stop which might be rather inconveniently distant.

Last year I travelled between Casa Voyageurs and Fes, and the first class carriage was a brand new one, modern toilets and "chair car seating" carriage with very comfortable upholstered seating and a central corridor, along which an attendant pushed a trolley with travel essentials including hot coffee, a ticket inspector also patrolled the corridor seeking out to excommunicate proles who should be in second class, according to their tickets.

I looked up the current ONCF website and it lists 19 departures, the first by night at 0130 from Fes to Casa Voyageurs station, thereafter almost hourly, duration of journey 4 hours and fare in first class which reserves your seat is 174 dirhams, even if multiplied by three, a fraction of the price of a private taxi.

But it's your vulnerable flexible purse and your choice!

Edited: 07 February 2017, 04:43
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Private transfer from Fez to Casablanca Airport

1300,00 MAD private taxi

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
147 posts
21 reviews
7. Re: Private transfer from Fez to Casablanca Airport

Won't the private taxi be quicker. I was also thinking about the train. but first train to main station then waiting and taking the next train, then taxi to hotel. So confused. Train would take more time but cost less, however the taxi would be more convenient and quicker but costly. or am i missing something. Does it take the same time with a taxi, after we spend some time haggling.

Casablanca, Morocco
Level Contributor
6,384 posts
450 reviews
8. Re: Private transfer from Fez to Casablanca Airport

Hi iketotraveldc

What hotel? Do you also want to go to the airport or to an hotel in Casablanca? Or are you doing it the other way round, Casablanca airport to Fes? Either way, the train is more comfortable and less expensive and takes more or less the same time.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
147 posts
21 reviews
9. Re: Private transfer from Fez to Casablanca Airport

thanks. I will follow your advise and take the train.

by hotel i was meaning the taxi from fez train station to our Riad in Medina in Fez. so it will be casablanca to Fes, we are not stopping in fes.

thanks again.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
146 posts
106 reviews
10. Re: Private transfer from Fez to Casablanca Airport

When you have luggage it is often a hassle to have to change trains.

Reply to: Private transfer from Fez to Casablanca Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fes