heading to Algeria soon, still have some questions... if someone who has been there or lives there can snswer, would be great...
1. I read conflicting statements about Eid. When exactly is it and will everything be closed? For example, what will be open on the 16th and 17th june? ( i will be in the capital)
2. Can someone recommend a nice beach close to Algier? I read something bout Sidi Fredj, but on the map it looks tiny. Or is it better to go to a beach in Tipaza? Can i wear a speedo-type swimwear on the beach?
4. Can i enter Mosques wearing shorts or do i need to take long trousers with me?
5. I read somewhere that i cannot move freely in Ghardaia. Is that true? Is a guide mandatory?
6. What is the current black market rate for 1 Euro?