We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pearl Harbor tickets booked, Can I make the flight?

toronto
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Pearl Harbor tickets booked, Can I make the flight?

I have tickets for a 9:30 visit to the USS Arizona, in July. We will have arrived in Oahu the night before and will be leaving for the Big Island after visiting Pearl Harbour. Can I safely take the 2:30 inter island flight, or should I opt for a later one? We will be taking cabs.

Thank you for any advise.

Dallas
Level Contributor
22,487 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pearl Harbor tickets booked, Can I make the flight?

You can probably make it but I would go early to look at the museum and then be ready to leave pretty quick after you go out to the memorial.

The little movie is probably about 15 minutes, the boat ride out is another say 10 or 15 minutes, you can spend anywhere from one minute to an hour on the memorial, (so lets say 30 minute) and then another 15 minute boat ride back.

That's about hour and a quarter to hour and a half so you should be ready to go by about 11:00 which should give you at least another hour to make your flight.

One question, what are you planning on doing with your luggage while you are at PH? I think there are some storage options there but I don't know exactly how much. Maybe someone else here can help with that.

Have a great trip.

Aloha

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,162 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pearl Harbor tickets booked, Can I make the flight?

Agree with placebets, you should be OK with your time, especially with a cab.

toronto
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pearl Harbor tickets booked, Can I make the flight?

Thanks for your responses. I feel better about the timing now.

Placebets, I will be leaving our luggage at the airport hotel where we'll stay our first night. I'll pick it up on the way back to the airport. Hopefully finding cabs won't be too hard near Pearl Harbor.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
24,804 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pearl Harbor tickets booked, Can I make the flight?

Aloha,

Yes, will there be enough cabs on hand ?

Should be OK, but you never know.

Maybe set up a pick up time with the cab that brought you there.

Maybe 11 or so ?

In a pinch call the Cab.....422-2222

Good luck and have a nice time

5. Re: Pearl Harbor tickets booked, Can I make the flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 07:46