We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Check you flight reservations

New York
Level Contributor
749 posts
12 reviews
6 helpful votes
Check you flight reservations
Save

OOOOPPPS...your

This afternoon I checked the Hawaiian Airlines web site to check on my flight for early November and found out my flight was cancelled but I wasn't notified by the airline.

I started a chat with an agent. I was able to move the flight back a day thus gaining an extra day in Maui, which of course is good. I was able to get a cancelable reservation for our now first 4 nights in Kihei and I was able to extend the rental car at a similar rate. Hopefully Maui and all of Hawaii will be healing the next few months and be back healthier in November.

Edited: 01 September 2021, 06:52
13 replies to this topic
Maui
Level Contributor
1,05,429 posts
12 reviews
8 helpful votes
1. Re: Check you flight reservations
Save

Such a great reminder! Mahalos and hope people take your advice.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
57 posts
2. Re: Check you flight reservations
Save

"Hopefully Maui and all of Hawaii will be healing the next few months and be back healthier in November."

We haven't even peaked yet! Sorry but people need to be more realistic. I would not be planning a vacation anywhere this year. We are going to have a lot of complaining on here when people lose money.

Edited: 01 September 2021, 07:08
Maui
Level Contributor
1,05,429 posts
12 reviews
8 helpful votes
3. Re: Check you flight reservations
Save

I do think we could have a "window" in November, much like later June and July were. But we will then get Thanksgiving surge, Christmas surge, Valentine's/Presidents surge......

Last I knew, the studies show this surge peaking in early October. Then a steady drop. Of course the peak number is predicted to be 3,700 cases A DAY in the state.

Edited: 01 September 2021, 07:23
New York
Level Contributor
749 posts
12 reviews
6 helpful votes
4. Re: Check you flight reservations
Save

We have been planning for months. We recently made some adjustments so the trip is fully cancelable up to 5 days before travel without any financial penalty. We are planning for the best but prepared to cancel if it looks like it is not going to be the right time for travel.

texas
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Check you flight reservations
Save

I checked on my Southwest flight yesterday. They had "adjusted" my flight so that instead of one stop/layover I had two. Since this doubles the chance of delays and problems, I changed to a different flight. (Southwest allows you to change free of charge if they make any adjustments to your flight.)

Your reminder is really great advice! Keep checking all airlines to keep an eye on your flights. Even though my flight is quite a ways away, I intend to check often.

Edited: 01 September 2021, 22:42
Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
67,107 posts
3 reviews
11 helpful votes
6. Re: Check you flight reservations
Save

The numbers of tourists have dwindled just about as fast as they started the mass arrivals. A lot of the airlines are cutting back on flights so yes, checking them is a very good idea.

Western...
Level Contributor
116 posts
143 reviews
116 helpful votes
7. Re: Check you flight reservations
Save

I have been keeping an eye on my Southwest flights for December. Price has dropped twice in last month.

Fremont, California
Level Contributor
74,668 posts
8,650 reviews
4,050 helpful votes
8. Re: Check you flight reservations
Save

Thanks for your reminder to do this.

Cumberland, Rhode...
5 posts
9. Re: Check you flight reservations
Save

Same thing happened to me ..Hawaiian airlines cancelled the flight claiming I was notified…I just changed my flight to the day before…staying in Oahu the first night then taking the same original inter lsland flight the next day…have a great rate on the rental car in Maui and could not risk losing that rate by adjusting to arriving a day early….it pays to check on your air reservations…

New York
Level Contributor
749 posts
12 reviews
6 helpful votes
10. Re: Check you flight reservations
Save

Allen W

It's not a bad idea having a day in Oahu. A few years ago I spent a day and a half in Oahu on my way both to and from New Zealand. I was by myself and I had a really good time exploring the area, great shopping and restaurants and my hotel had a great infinity pool. I don't think I'd want to spend too long on Waikiki Beach but it was great for a short hop.

Reply to: Check you flight reservations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.