We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November - Maui , race

Poznan, Poland
Level Contributor
349 posts
November - Maui , race
Save

Hi

I have got qualifier for race at the beginning december this year and need confirm/paytill end of month

I think to come earlier maybe stay SF or LA and than here...

Fly from EU, so....do you think is chance for normal frlight this time from EU? and....no problems here for not vaccinated (maybe some tests), actually looks like only vaccinated in USA can come "normally"right? Or doing some tests?(how much does it cost)

But I have read

https://www.hawaii-guide.com/hawaii-travel-restrictions

""Hawaii officials are asking residents and visitors to wait until the end of October 2021""

and what about people with certificate they had covid?

Do you think will be normal qithout for example long quarantines and generally no stuck on island..

do not want to spent money and loose lots of.(for me island is expensive;))

Where are actual/updates information?

thanks for help!

14 replies to this topic
Seattle
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Seattle
Level Contributor
69,241 posts
23 reviews
78 helpful votes
1. Re: November - Maui , race
Save

There may be a chance the event will be cancelled. Most large public events have been.

Before you start booking things I would try to look into what the cancellation policies are of whoever is sponsoring and organizing this race.

That "wait until the end of October" may well be extended longer. Dates like that keep getting pushed out this year is what has been happening. Or new guidelines issued.

No one can guarantee what November will look like on Maui.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
67,189 posts
3 reviews
11 helpful votes
2. Re: November - Maui , race
Save

Look at the Safe Travels website. It's done by the Hawaii Department of Health and will tell you what you will need to come to Hawaii,

www.hawaiicovid19.com

No one knows now what December will look like.

Maui
Level Contributor
1,05,429 posts
12 reviews
8 helpful votes
3. Re: November - Maui , race
Save

Your first hurdle are the EU regulations and what happens over *there*. You may well not be allowed to enter the US.

What race are you asking about? The Honolulu Marathon? I would give it less than 50% chance.

Poznan, Poland
Level Contributor
349 posts
4. Re: November - Maui , race
Save

No Xterra Triathlon:)

Maui
Level Contributor
1,05,429 posts
12 reviews
8 helpful votes
5. Re: November - Maui , race
Save

I would say that has an even lower chance of happening.

Poznan, Poland
Level Contributor
349 posts
6. Re: November - Maui , race
Save

thanks for replies!:) Regards

7. Re: November - Maui , race

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2021, 18:47

Poznan, Poland
Level Contributor
349 posts
8. Re: November - Maui , race
Save

Green card? for what? I am not moving to USA for work.. so do not need, even now we do not need visa(I have validated)

9. Re: November - Maui , race

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 August 2021, 16:28

Poznan, Poland
Level Contributor
349 posts
10. Re: November - Maui , race
Save

thanks a lot!

Reply to: November - Maui , race
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.