We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public showers near Kauai Lihue Airport?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
35 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Public showers near Kauai Lihue Airport?

Does anyone know if there are public showers available near Kauai Lihue airport? The reason I post this question is that the day of our departure from Kauai we'll need to check out from the condo at 10 am and our flight back to Honolulu is at 7:15 pm. We plan to do some exploratory trips that day (who knows, maybe even a trip to a beach) but it would be nice if we can find a place to shower before we engage in our long journey back to the mainland. Any hints will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public showers near Kauai Lihue Airport?

Lydgate has outdoor showers for knocking off the sand.

the new comfort stations by the Kamalani bridge has some showers in the bathrooms I believe but you better check to make sure they are working. Vandalism is an issue.

Otherwise maybe one of the cheap hotels in Lihue might rent you a room for an hour for a quick clean up. we paid $100 for 4 hrs at the Hilton in Brussels after missing a flight. Was worth every penny after 2 red eyes back to back.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public showers near Kauai Lihue Airport?

bump! same question...hoping for a better answer.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public showers near Kauai Lihue Airport?

search function using "late flight" would give you about 50 threads with variations of this question. Various recommendations for spas/cheap hotels/etc.

California
Level Contributor
35,545 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public showers near Kauai Lihue Airport?

For $10 you can get a visitors pass at the YMCA very close to the airport.

http://www.ymcaofkauai.org/YMCA/

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Public showers near Kauai Lihue Airport?

My brother and his family used Lydgate to shower at. I believe their outdoor showers are semi-private (a wall type thing goes around it), so you can have some privacy and people use them for more than just typical sand off.

You can always try to ask your condo place for a late check out. We had luck for this in Maui and were able to get a 3pm checkout. The condo owners knew there was noone coming in that day so said we could call their cleaning lady to see when she needed us out. That gave us time to do beach in the morning and shower still.

Also - make sure you have a plan for luggage - check with condo place if they'll hold it, wouldn't want your car broken into.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
288 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Public showers near Kauai Lihue Airport?

there are showers at kalapaki beach behind jj's.

the showers at lydgate are up from the parking lot and wide open. all there is is a tree where the pervs are, same for kalapaki too. jebett's answer is better imo. The ymca is newer and decent, so is the crowd.

San Francisco Bay...
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Public showers near Kauai Lihue Airport?

Check out the spas at one of the nicer hotels or resorts. Many of them offer use of the spa facilities for a modest charge, maybe $20, even if you aren't getting a treatment. You can take sauna or steam, get nice and hydrated for your flight by drinking up a lot of the fruit infused water, get a good shower using the nice products they put out, and go through a big stack of nice clean white towels.

I ususally splurge on a massage and a light meal at the Anara spa at the Hyatt on my last afternoon.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,331 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Public showers near Kauai Lihue Airport?

Jebett's suggestion is what I'd go for. The YMCA. I'd even go for a few laps in the pool while there.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,864 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Public showers near Kauai Lihue Airport?

Aloha from Kaua'i!

If Vidinha Stadium is open at that time - they also have enclosed showers - my hubby uses them all the time after running. Safe and clean. 2 minutes to the airport.

Malama Pono,

Janet

10. Re: Public showers near Kauai Lihue Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2010, 10:47