We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valentine's Dinner

Minnesota
6 posts
Save Topic
Valentine's Dinner

We will be in Kauai over Valentine's Day. Any reccomendations where to eat. I tried to get reservations at The beach House and they are all booked. What are some of your favorite places to eat?

Thanks

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
39,279 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valentine's Dinner

If you want romantic, Tidepools in the Hyatt is very lovely. You would need to reserve there as well. Or you could always arrange for a dinner on the beach. I think there are a few companies that do that as well. Some of my other favorites have great food, but probably not the ambiance that you would be looking for. Good luck Barbie! :)

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valentine's Dinner

Agree with coal miner about tide pools. We have not eaten there, but it certainly looks wonderful, and sits right on the lagoons at the hyatt.

Other idea might be the Beach House, which is also in the poipu area. Might make a difference on which shore you are staying as to where you would want to have valentines dinner.

The Bali Hai, up north at the Hanalei bay resort, in Princeville,would be another idea.

Denny

Minnesota
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Valentine's Dinner

It doesn't have to be romantic, just great food. We are eating at The Beach House on February 13th. We will be in Kauai for 5 nights and looking for "not to miss" places to eat. We are staying on the east side, but will travel anywhere worth the trip.

Barbie

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
390 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Valentine's Dinner

Barbie, if you want to go the private dinner route as coalminer suggested -- either on the beach or in your rental home -- I can provide you with some people that do this. We're doing this following our wedding, and my wedding coordinator (who is NOT Lawaiwoman) provided me with some excellent options.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
39,279 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Valentine's Dinner

okay - for some great Italian, try Pomodoro's in Kalaheo. Also, I would go for a dinner in Hanalei - go watch the sunset on a beach near there or on the pier and then wander around Hanalei - I just love that place. Probably my best meal on a recent trip was Hanalei Dolphin. The drive is great! Have fun!! :)

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,612 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Valentine's Dinner

Hukilau Lanai at the Kaua'i Coast Resort in Kapa'a. Hands down for great food as well as a nice atmosphere.

Dawson Creek
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Valentine's Dinner

We got back from Kauai a couple of weeks ago, and I have been reading everyones trip reports-and for some reason, no one even mentions Casablanca's in Poipu. We ate there recently and had the best dinner by far on the island. Keoki's was great as well, but given the choice, I would defintiely recommend Casablanca's. We found the Beach House very over-rated for the very high prices. Casablancas is very relaxed, somewhat formal, and not as busy as the others.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
104 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Valentine's Dinner

We ate at Tidepools at the Hyatt the last time we were on Kauai and it was pretty nice. The tables are all on these decks over koi ponds and it was very serene. I would think that you could find an equally nice experience at the Princeville resort, although we've never eaten there. I'll have to check out Casablanca.

We will also be in Kauai for Valentine's Day and I'm looking for something special to do. We have Beach House reservations for 2/12 since we have a strange V-day curse and none of our meals are ever nice or romantic on that day.

I'm interested in that private dinner recommendation if the previous poster is still around!

US
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Valentine's Dinner

The best food we had on the island by a mile was at Roy's in Poipu. Far better than the Beach House, as far as we were concerned.

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Valentine's Dinner

We had Valentine's dinner at Portofino's overlooking Kalapaki Bay in Lihue last year. We sat on the porch and had a great ocean view. Dinner was very good, too. They even had a harpist playing in the main diningroom.