We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Private Dinner on the Beach in Kauai

NJ
Level Contributor
225 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best Private Dinner on the Beach in Kauai

We will be going to Kauai this August for our honeymoon and while we are there it will be my new husbands birthday. I am looking into a private dinner on the beach for that night.

Has anyone had any experience with one? I have contacted the Princeville and also learned about Heavenly Creations.

We did one in Punta Cana the night we got engaged and it was incredible! It was literally on the beach right infront of the hotel at the waters edge and there were candles and lanterns in the sand as the sunset. I am hoping to find something simiilar and just as incredible as a surprise for him.

Thank you!

California
Level Contributor
35,598 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Private Dinner on the Beach in Kauai

Private message Quincymom. Andrea has done it twice.

NJ
Level Contributor
225 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Private Dinner on the Beach in Kauai

Thank you! I did PM her! If she did it twice it must have been great!=-)

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Private Dinner on the Beach in Kauai

If you are looking for places who cater private dinners, here is a list I provide for my clients. Unfortunately I don't know how any of the dinners worked out, as I don't always hear reports back regarding vendors, but you might look into these contacts.

Contemporary Flavors Catering

http://contemporaryflavorscatering.com/

808-245-2522

The Lighthouse Bistro in Kilauea caters dinners.

http://lighthousebistro.com/

808-828-0480

Heavenly Creations Gourmet Cuisine (in Anahola)

808-828-1700

Kauai Cuisine in Kapaa

808-635-3722

Emerson Keahi

I don't have the contact info, but I hear he does private catering.

If anyone has experience with the caterers above,or have others to suggest, please post your comments. Mahalo!

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
390 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Private Dinner on the Beach in Kauai

sop78, I just wrote you back, but I wanted to post on the forum what I wrote to her in case others are interested ...

We've just returned from Kauai where we celebrated our first anniversary (returned to the scene of the crime?) and had dinner on the beach at the Princeville once again as we did on our wedding night.

We think this year's dinner was even better than last year's, which is saying a lot, because we didn't think last year's could be topped! It's expensive but we really feel that it's worth every penny. You are made to feel like royalty (our servers have fawned over us both times), the setting is truly lovely with a view of Bali Hai in front of you and the food is quite good. I snagged a menu from this year's meal and can send you a scan of it if you'd like. Also, you should ask for the middle tent. It's got the best view and is a little larger than the other two.

Now, technically, the tents are not on the beach where the waves are lapping at your feet. We did that in Bora Bora and loved it. But, at the Princeville, you're kind of sitting up a sandy hill (the tent is in sand) with an incredible view of the setting sun. I think there are a couple of pictures of the tent from our blog and I'll check and see if we got any good pictures of it from this year's meal.

One last thing ... this is an expensive dinner, but you truly get what you pay for. It's an excellent five-course meal plus a nice bottle of champagne (Chandon, not the cheap stuff) plus you have your own server at your beck and call. We liked our server so much this year that we gave her a pretty nice tip. Our dinner was $435 total and we rounded it up to $500 because we loved her so much. We were also a little tipsy!

Boise, ID
Level Contributor
407 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Private Dinner on the Beach in Kauai

Definately read reviews about Heavenly Creations before you choose them.

I will look through my notes because there were 2 private chefs that I emailed, but in the end we didn't end up doing the private dinner (I kinda wish we would have, though!). It would have been $360, which includes gratuity. Anyways, they have a selection of choices and everything looked great. They also work with you in what beach you want to go to, etc. When I find the names/websites, I'll get back to you . . .

NJ
Level Contributor
225 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Private Dinner on the Beach in Kauai

Thank you to all!! I emailed Princeville Hotel and they told me that I can only make the reservation within 30 days, so I would have to contact them again in July. I am just not sure about the tents. Like how they are set up and what it does for the atmosphere.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,864 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Private Dinner on the Beach in Kauai

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Just remember that all the beaches here in Hawai'i are public - so if you don't have the tent set up, you might have folks strolling by right on top of you (unless they are considerate!) - the Grand Hyatt does the private dinner thing on the beach also and they set it up similarly - right off the path set onto the beach - white, billowy tents with the front open to the ocean - very private and very expensive!

I do know of some folks that had an anniversary dinner catered for them down at Baby Beach here on the South Shore - but they had to share the small beach area with other beach-goers without the benefit of the privacy of a tent - kinda ruined the spell for them I think!

Malama Pono,

Janet

NJ
Level Contributor
225 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Private Dinner on the Beach in Kauai

Thank you so much Janet!

You make a good point that the beach is public. In Punta Cana we did it right at Sunset and not too many people were walking by they were very considerate! But we were also just engaged by a matter of minutes so maybe I didn't take note!

We are actually staying at the Hyatt that whole first week before we move on to Maui! Tidepools and the torch lighting ceremony are also on my top priority list!

Maybe I will email Hyatt concierge and see what they can let me know about their dinner! We booked a deluxe Ocean view room, and I am so excited!!! Our wedding is Fri- we arrive at the Hyatt SUnday, and Wed is my fiance b-day. Our first time in Hawaii and I am so excited!

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
390 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Private Dinner on the Beach in Kauai

The way the tents are set up at the Princeville really prevents people from milling about or walking in front of you. They are not technically "on the beach" but set back a short distance behind a rocky part of the shore. This prevents people from being too close and I think also technically puts you on Princeville property versus public beach.

Also, the sides of the tent roll up and down, so if you don't want the claustrophobic feeling of a tent, you can have the sides rolled up and still have an intimate dinner.

The first year we did this dinner, the sides of the tent were rolled down (with the exception of the side facing the sunset over Bali Hai) and we were very comfortable and did not feel confined at all. This year, we had three of the four sides rolled up (kept the back side down) and it did not feel any less private.

Congratulations again and enjoy Kauai!

Denver
Level Contributor
243 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Private Dinner on the Beach in Kauai

Was it through the Princeville hotel? They will be closing in September right?

We are getting married and honeymooning in Sept and looking to do one as well. We are staying at the Hyatt for our last 4 nights so maybe will just do it through them. Fun!