We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is this Six Days Seven Nights shooting location?

Phoenix AZ
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Where is this Six Days Seven Nights shooting location?

Aloha!

My partner and I will be visiting Kauai September 1 through 12, staying in Sealodge. To help psych ourselves up for the trip, last night watched Six Days Seven Nights, which was filmed in locations throughout Kauai. There is a spectacular cliff scene which I know was filmed at a point somewhere along the Awa-' awapuhi Trail, which we are planning to hike during our stay. What were most interested in at the moment, however, is a scene in the movie in which Quinn and Robin are searching for the beacon. They are walking through what may be a valley, but I cannot be sure. I'm attaching a link to a screen capture; can anyone identify this place, and is it in an accessible location? It seems to offer some wonderful views.

This URL must be copied and pasted into your browser's location bar:

img292.imageshack.us/my.php…

Thanks!

TC

phoenix
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is this Six Days Seven Nights shooting location?

isnt shipwreck beach where they jump off the cliff into the ocean? ive nver seen the move so i dont know the other part. somebody told me about the cliff being in the movie as we were getting ready to jump off it.

Seattle, WA. USA
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is this Six Days Seven Nights shooting location?

Can't answer the question at hand, but did notice the aerial scene where the couple are first arriving at the resort island and the camera is looking down at it as they fly over some overwater bungalows was actually a shot of the Sofitel Resort on Huahine in French Polynesia.

Ken

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is this Six Days Seven Nights shooting location?

Kinda' looks like Honopu Beach and Valley (Valley of the Lost Tribe) where Quinn and Robin escaped from the pirates. Our "Kauai Sea Tours" guide pointed that area out as one of the locations where 7D7N was filmed, saying equipment and personnel had to be boated in.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is this Six Days Seven Nights shooting location?

And, a second thought:

www.hawaiitrails.org/island.asp?island=Kauai

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is this Six Days Seven Nights shooting location?

6d7n was filmed in a number of locations. The building that served as the airport terminal is still sitting in a field in Aliomanu Estates.

That particular view looks like one of the valleys in the Na Pali -- not trivial to reach. You can hike to the Kalalau valley (with permits and great courage) but I'm not sure you can legally go beyond to the further valleys much less safely.

You can look down into these valleys from the Nualolo and awawapuhi trails up in Kokee. Get in shape as the elevation change is a bugger on your legs.

Other locations I recognized in the film were the rock by the Hyatt I(shipwrecks) and the Mahaulepu area.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where is this Six Days Seven Nights shooting location?

Dude...you may see that landform shown in your URL( "imageshack" ) photo in the photo-video submitted by 'bluecollartraveler" in his "ultralight flight over the Napali Coast". Go to "Kauai Overview" and find that title in the right-hand column along with about three other contributors' videos and photo videos in and about the island. BCT's video is enjoyable and has good views of Honopu Beach and Arch which he kindly names.

New Jersey
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Where is this Six Days Seven Nights shooting location?

Hi TC:

My husband, daughter and I just returned from Kauai this week. We love this movie, and made it a point to try and visit all of the shooting locations. The location that you are asking about was filmed on the Napali Coast...but I'm not sure of the exact spot. I'm not sure if if was a location that you can reach by foot. It's possible that a helicopter played a part in them reaching that location. I can tell you that it probably was filmed in the Nu'alolo Kai State Park up on one of the mountaintop ridges along the North Shore of the Napali Coast. Filming for this movie took place all over the North, East, and South shores of Kauai. We stayed at the Marriott Hotel & Beach Club Resort (in Lihue) and they gave out a fantastic map that I never saw given out anywhere else. It was a map of the entire island with all of the shooting locations easily identified. That is how we visited most of the shooting locations. The map was terrific. It shows shooting locations for the hundreds of other movies filmed on the island, as well...such as Jurassic Park, Blue Hawaii, King Kong, Hook, Raiders of the Lost Ark, etc. etc. Why don't you stop by the Marriott and run in and ask the lady at the Timeshare desk in the lobby for a copy of the map. That's who we got it from. While you are there, have dinner at Duke's Restaurant around 6:00-7:00 PM. Absolutely beautiful location and view!! You can call ahead to make a reservation. Also, pick up a copy of the Ultimate Kauai Guidebook (blue book with a photo of Kauai on the cover). It was invaluable on this trip...especially if you want to hike on the island. We didn't get to do everything we wanted to do and we were there 10 days. Let me know if you need any more info. I read that Kauai book from cover to cover. Have a great time!!!

CF

Phoenix AZ
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where is this Six Days Seven Nights shooting location?

Thank you all for your replies. You've offered some great information. Since this appears to be somewhere along the Na Pali coast, I should be able to catch a glimpse of the area on our Na Pali catamaran tour or from the Kalalau Lookout, which we'll hit some time next week.

Thanks again!

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where is this Six Days Seven Nights shooting location?

http://kauaidigital.com/tour/index.htm

If you have an interest to do a video pre-visit of the entire island or if you would like to preview your planned hike just click on the prompt for "Na Pali Coast" to view mile markers, overlooks, etc.

10. Re: Where is this Six Days Seven Nights shooting location?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 11:48