We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is Kekaha/Kauai's weather in late september/early oct.?

Erie, Pennsylvania
1 post
1 review
How is Kekaha/Kauai's weather in late september/early oct.?

I am looking to take my family on a vacation next year. I found a beach house that is in Kekaha.

The island being Kauai, from my understanding. We are coming from Erie, PA and plan on staying there next year.

I was curious about temperature, humidity, and hurricane probability that time of year.

Any comments would help.

Thank you.

Sheila

8 replies to this topic
pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,646 posts
59 reviews
1. Re: How is Kekaha/Kauai's weather in late september/early oct.?

You really want to stay in Kekaha? Itʻs way out of the way of most things visitors want to do and see.

September can be hot, but Kekaha is on the dry side of the island. Hurricane? Who knows?

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
2. Re: How is Kekaha/Kauai's weather in late september/early oct.?

If a first time visitor to Kauai it is somewhat unusual to pick Kekaha.

May want to checkout lodging possibilities in Poipu or Princeville / Hanalei area.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
45,017 posts
44 reviews
3. Re: How is Kekaha/Kauai's weather in late september/early oct.?

I would probably chose the north shore in September...any particular reason for the west side?

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
179 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: How is Kekaha/Kauai's weather in late september/early oct.?

I've stayed in the north shore the last two Septembers, and couldn't have asked for better weather or water conditions. The weather was warm with very little humidity, and the water temperature is the warmest during that month. Now, I will always try to schedule my Kauai trips in the north shore during September. I think you should reconsider your choice of Kekaha and look into the north shore area.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
18,901 posts
1 review
5. Re: How is Kekaha/Kauai's weather in late september/early oct.?

Kekaha will be hot and more arid than the rest of the island. Yes, September is hurricane / tropical storm season. Most die down before they reach Hawaii. I have to make one other comment. You said you found a "beach house" there. We've seen too many examples on this forum of rentals that were purported as being on the beach there. The truth is the main highway runs right alongside the waterfront there. Very few, if any, sit on the beach in Kekaha. Another point to consider....... if swimming at the beach is important to you Kekaha is not a good place for that. There are current and rips as there is no protective reef there. Experienced surfers are mostly what you'll see there.

If you stick with Kekaha just understand that you're going to spending much of your time in the car to get to the sights, restaurants and beaches. Most first-timers want to check out the island and doing that from Kekaha means a lot of long drives.

California
Level Contributor
41,156 posts
129 reviews
6. Re: How is Kekaha/Kauai's weather in late september/early oct.?

I wouldn't want to stay there.

Kalaheo, Hawaii
Level Contributor
861 posts
93 reviews
7. Re: How is Kekaha/Kauai's weather in late september/early oct.?

It is warm out west. Like 90's warm. Make sure you have a/c of you decide to stay out there.

Agree with Napa - most homes there do have ocean views, but they sit on the other side of the highway and you will have to cross it to get to the beach. Not a ton of traffic out there, but people drive fast as it is one of the few places on island where you can. There is very little shade on the beach, so you will want umbrellas for sure.

One other thing - there are no restaurants in Kekaha. There are a couple in Waimea and some in Hanapepe/Kalaheo, but you will find yourself driving quite a ways if you want to go out for meals.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
18,002 posts
136 reviews
8. Re: How is Kekaha/Kauai's weather in late september/early oct.?

You can virtually see/drive Kekaha using GoogleMaps Street View....make sure you get the home address before you commit.

Reply to: How is Kekaha/Kauai's weather in late september/early oct.?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted