We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice for masters 2018 trip

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
advice for masters 2018 trip

hi all, I have fortunately won tickets for the masters 2018 practice round on Tuesday. could someone please advise me of good hotels to stay between either Atlanta and augusta or charlotte and augusta. I will need a room for no more than 130usd per night ideally. An hour or so out of augusta would be fine, Also ideally a city with enough to do for the day for my wife and two young children while I am at the golf!!!

And finally is it possible to get tickets for the last few hours of play on a tournament day? And if so how much would I be looking at to get these.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

5 replies to this topic
Springdale, AR
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advice for masters 2018 trip

Dave,

Congrats on the tickets!

Unfortunately, $130 a night within an hour is not likely. I'm in the same situation. Looking for 2018 Friday round. We ended up booking in savannah, which is about 2.5 hrs away.

No, I don't think you can get part day tickets. The tickets are so hard to come by. Full day tickets for wed-sun are running about $1500 a day in stub hub type places. Miracle to win tickets in the lottery!

Coogee, Sydney...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advice for masters 2018 trip

I have masters tickets for 2018 as well and am looking to stay in Columbia about 1 hour and 10 mins away and but uber $90 us to get to Augusta

3. Re: advice for masters 2018 trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 August 2017, 07:35

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: advice for masters 2018 trip

yes Columbia looks a good option I'm not sure yet where I will be flying into, if Atlanta maybe stay in Athens GA but the best part of two hours away. Does anyone know what its like there?

What day are you going to the masters?

atlanta
Level Contributor
3,328 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: advice for masters 2018 trip

Athens is a great college city with a nice downtown area full of restaurants and bars. Parking can be a challenge on weekends.

The Hotel Indigo is a good boutique hotel (but rooms can be loud), and The Graduate gets high reviews. Away from campus we've stayed in the Country Inn and Suites and Hampton Inn and Suites- I preferred the former of those two.

Reply to: advice for masters 2018 trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Augusta