We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Masters Bucket List Trip

Springdale, AR
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Masters Bucket List Trip

I was lucky enough to be selected through the lottery process for Friday 2018 tickets. So excited. I've read through the forums and finding lots of useful information. I'd like to ask a few more specific questions to help plan our trip.

My wife and I are thinking about flying in to either ATL or Savannah on Thursday and staying through Sunday to make a trip of it, even though we just have tickets the 1 day.

1. If we can get a place in Augusta is this the best option? What are food options like, etc? What's it like around town the week of the tourney? I'd love to be in Augusta for those days, even though we are only attending 1 day. Concerned that everything may be overcrowded. I hate to spend the money to be a part of the action, and not be able to find good restaurants, etc. Anyone else going and want to share a house? The only ones we can find are $500-$1000 a night be sleep 6-10 ish

2. If we can't or choose not to stay in Augusta, would Savannah be a good option? We've always wanted to visit Savannah. Flights are the same cost for us to Savannah or Atlanta. Hotels do not look cheap for that week, but this is a bucket list trip for us. We want to enjoy it.

Thanks for any advice.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
34,651 posts
502 reviews
1. Re: Masters Bucket List Trip

If Augusta is booked I would look at Aiken, SC or Madison, GA which both have lodging and restaurants. Spend your other days in Savannah. The flowers are usually nice and weather nice. Lots of great restaurants and things to see and do.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
19,026 posts
95 reviews
2. Re: Masters Bucket List Trip

The Ritz Carlton Reynolds Plantation on Lake Oconee is another idea if your budget allows.

Oahu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,867 posts
175 reviews
3. Re: Masters Bucket List Trip

Yeah...it's probably going to be difficult to find 'normal' lodging in Augusta for that time period at this point. Also most of the really good restaurants are either on the strip of Washington near the Augusta National or downtown...either of which is likely to be quite crowded. Like. I used to live there and I wouldn't touch that area of town during that week! :)

Finding a place in Aiken would be good. It has a nice downtown area that's good to check out and some good restaurants as well.

Savannah is, of course, also a nice place to stay though it's a couple-hour drive from Augusta.

Springdale, AR
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Masters Bucket List Trip

Thank you all for your replies. After searching all these areas, I think we have decided to stay in savannah and just spend our one day at the golf course. Thanks

5. Re: Masters Bucket List Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2018, 09:47